News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR- Lapeer, Mi December 2, 2017

Started by Superheat, December 04, 2017, 08:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

The final shots were fired in Lapeer for 2017.  Spirits were very high as we closed out the 2017 Project Appleseed season in Michigan. 

Trouble maker Tom and Andy were excellent students.  Their shooting was awesome! We had some great shared history and camaraderie. 

Thanks to Lapeer County Sportsman's club for their continued support for Project Appleseed.  Beefree, Mrsurplus and Storm Tooper, you each did a nice job telling the story of April 19.

Thanks to number6 for setting up the line.  That is a big job. 

Tom and Andy I'm pretty sure if this had been a two day event I would have been handing each of you a patch.  This might have made Tom extra happy as he would have forced the shoot boss to buy a new rifle.   :)

2018 is just around the corner and I can't wait.  See you on the Appleseed trail...

In Liberty,
Superheat. 

Superheat

Super Trooper

Who is this "Storm Tooper" you speak of.  ;D

Great shoot, and fantastic weather for December.  I hope to see Tom and Andy at the next Appleseed, you are both on the cusp of riflemen.
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

BeeFree

We need to order that weather for the January shoot!  Well, unless we've got people who want Winterseed patches... freezing is okay as long as no one sets themselves on fire again. >:D
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

mrsurplus

Wonderful weather, wonderful shooters, what could be better! Andy and Thomas it was a pleasure working with you both.

Andy, you have no idea how vexing your "up and right" second stage has been to all the instructors. I hope that having the four of us hovering around you during this stage didn't cause you any anxiety, but we are all truly stumped. I promise you we will have some ideas on how to fix this next time we see you.

Thomas, thank you for showing all of us how to tighten up a Ruger 10/22 take down. This will definitely come in handy at future shoots.

I look forward to seeing you both on the line again next year.

MrSurplus
" There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism"
- Alexander Hamilton
" The key to life is how you deal with plan B" - Stephan Dias

Roundballer

Quote from: BeeFree on December 04, 2017, 04:02:10 PM
We need to order that weather for the January shoot!  Well, unless we've got people who want Winterseed patches... freezing is okay as long as no one sets themselves on fire again. >:D
Holy Smoke!  That was 6 years ago as of last October!

October 29-30, 2011    He just singed the back a little.
Unfortunately a lot of the pics got "photobucketed"
Please ignore all of the funny formatting, it is an experiment with this BBcode