News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, CA NOV 11-12

Started by NorCal22Gal, November 17, 2017, 05:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

What a wonderful weekend.

Nearly 40 folks came out to learn to improve their marksmanship.  Wonderful people. 

Saturday was slightly overcast and cool, but still a perfect fall day.

Watching all those students learning, asking questions, diving in to put what they just learned to work for them was an amazing thing.  Groups shrank, we got equipment issues identified and fixed best we could.

Lunch was the telling of the pre history and the first two strikes to a very attentive audience.

Back to the line and some more learnin'!

No AQT's on Saturday, but the students made really good progress and that's more important.

Sunday brought back most of the students and included two previous students who could only make Sunday. 

Review and refine was the mission of the morning.  Groups shrank. 

After lunch and some dangerous old men and some determined, dangerous dames, we got back in the AQT's and we were off.  There were a few folks who just wanted to work on positions and such, so they stayed on squares. 

Michael P posted the first Rifleman score of 211!!
Then returning student Chuck V out shot his son and posted a very nice 232!!  (sorry Michael, you'll get it next time.)
Stephanie, had some issues with her seated position, we worked out one that worked for her and her baby (yep...14 weeks pregnant), she then made leaps and bounds in the scores...finally getting Rifleman with a 215!!!  Congrats!
Alli, who made Rifleman, in June, came back out and repeated with a 218!!

This was an amazing group.  Can;t wait to see you all next year. 

OH YEAH....WE GOT TO RETIRED BOBS's HAT!!!  YEP...BOBS IS NOW A RED HAT!!!!!

This was the last shoot of the year for us and by March of next year we'll all be ready for more!

Thank you to all who were able to stay and help us clean up, that is greatly appreciated!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO ALL THE INSTRUCTORS WHO CAME OUT...YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!

PICS!

PIC NOTES:
Special thanks to our instructor Chris L. (clics222) for offering his DSLR camera for these beautiful pics (and for getting them uploaded), and to Ducky who put that camera to good use!

Instructors

Laurie                             NorCal22Gal     shoot boss
Joe                                 eaglescouter
Vinnie                             Vinnie
Linda                              Ducky
Matt                               Just.A.Guy
Matt                               HeyApple
Bob                                BobS
Chris                               clics222
Chris                              Pathogen
George                            George63
Holly                               HawkeyeHolly
Kayt                                Lil Brass Burner

Nashville Stage

Wow, that looks like it was a great event. Congrats everybody!
Chris & Ducky, those are some really good pictures; great job. Want to come by a Tennessee shoot some time?  ;D
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

jcline

I just wanted to thank everyone that helped put it together, that was great.  I learned a lot but I'll be back - there is a lot more for me to pick up.

Anyone know if Richmond or any other place close to the bay area actually has space to shoot sitting or prone?  I usually spend time on the 25 yard side and that just doesn't seem like it would work.

Libertarian777

Quote from: jcline on November 18, 2017, 12:43:03 PM
Anyone know if Richmond or any other place close to the bay area actually has space to shoot sitting or prone?  I usually spend time on the 25 yard side and that just doesn't seem like it would work.

As far as I know there are no ranges in the Bay Area that allow position shooting on the public line. Chabot was special in that regard. You could join a high power group like the Zouhaves at Metcalf (they have an intro class) or one of the groups at RRGC, but it's not quite the same as being able to practice on your own.

My understanding is that Sac Valley will allow you to do position shooting on the line after you have proven yourself to the rangemaster, but that doesn't answer your question.

polygunner

Los altos rod and gun club will allow position shooting. Staff is friendly and courteous.

Sac valley will also.

Metcalf has a few positions at the end of the firing line for position shooting.

Pew
Pew
Pew

PG

NorCal22Gal

There's a familiar name....we miss you out at the range. 

You would have loved this one Polygunner!!!

polygunner

I check in once in a while, ah the memories.
Still seventh stepping every chance I get.

I can live vicariously through the after action reports...

PG

NorCal22Gal

You're always welcome to join us!