News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lewiston, Idaho, November 11/12, 2017, AAR

Started by Prescott, November 13, 2017, 07:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

This was the last AS event for the year at the Lewis Clark Wildlife Club in Lewiston, ID.   This is a fantastic range and the range hosts could not be more supportive of the program.  I will be working with the club to schedule some events for 2018 and hopefully they will be posted to the Appleseed event page shortly.

Thanks to everyone for coming out this weekend.  It was a fun weekend, as it was primarily a reunion class from the August event.  The shooters that did not earn their rifleman patches at the August event, came back for another attempt at shooting their rifleman scores.

And they were successful!  ^:)^  Two of the three shooters that returned shot their rifleman's score along with one first time youth shooter and another youth shooter who was attending his third event.   Unfortunately, one of our shooters had a medical emergency and was not able to return on Sunday, but I had confidence that she would have shot a rifleman score as well.

Eli was the first to shoot rifleman, and he did it on the only AQT we shot on Saturday.   He shot a score of 219.   Next was Avery who tied Eli's score.  The Sam set down his beautiful CZ 452 and borrowed Eli's scoped Ruger 10/22 and shot an impressive 234.  Now that Sam was loaded with confidence in his abilities, he shot the next AQT with the CZ and scored a 223.  Finally, on the last AQT, Collin was able to shoot the target correctly, get all of his rounds in the scoring rings and shot a 225.

Congratulation to all, it was fun to witness the improvement in your marksmanship skills and watch you all earn your patch.

One of the best things of this event, was my youngest son, Avery, shot his rifleman score and has taken volunteered to become an IIT .   On Sunday afternoon he was put to work clearing and calling the line in his new bright Orange Hat.   Way to make your daddy proud.   

Eli also brought his M1 Garand to the event, and at the end of day on Sunday he let everyone take a shot.   I just love seeing that rifle at an AS event, as it helps keep the heritage of that rifle alive.

I look forward to seeing Lan at the next event in 2018 and I expect that Eli will be bringing his younger son to learn the skills of a rifleman.   

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Prescott

Here are some pictures.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln