News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

32 Degrees and 35 Mile an Hour winds Brrr!!

Started by Scout, January 10, 2009, 09:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout

I just lost a sheet of tin from my barn. Luckily it is headed the other way from the range and campers. I guess this ended up not being a "warm" location today, but we are about to have another shot at making Riflemen in weather. You still have time to get here even if you are in Austin-if you leave right now! We are going to have blast, fill you in tonight.
Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

colonial shooter

Man you already have springtime weather in Texas ;D ;) O0. Cant wait for the wind to drop to that speed here.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Mark Davis

Glad to hear you seeds in Texas are getting a bit of fresh air. If you ever get to shoot in old crusty snow it's real easy to find the spot where your elbow was.

jonathans

ahh, a warm coastal massachusetts aftern--???

wait. texas?

well, you could always get some thermals. keeps the free radicals nice and cozy. won't help you with flying sheets of tin, though.
adaequatio intellectus et rei; the correspondence of the mind to reality.

Scout

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't 84 degrees yesterday. ;) That is a 52 degree difference in one day. We had a great shoot though. It went very smooth and we kept mooving since no one was in the mood for goofing off or lazing around like in warm weather, keep moving and stay busy. Hurry down to the target line and hurry back, get started on the next course of fire etc.

The wind stayed at 35 plus knots most of the day and though it didn't mess with ballistics as it was a head wind on 25 yard line, it did mess with eyes and equipment. Tore flags off the flag poles etc. Everyone is coming back for tomorrow. We are looking forward to another great day of shooting. I will post pictures and an AAR tomorrow. ;)
Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)