News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hot Springs, AR Oct. 28-29, 2017

Started by 9mm4545, October 30, 2017, 12:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

I cannot find words to describe what an incredible event we enjoyed at the Mountain Valley Sportsman Association range this weekend. This was absolutely amazing group of some twenty students. The results of their dedication, perseverance, and sheer determination are very clear in the results: 9 new Riflemen and one re-qualification! Fifty percent of the attendees shot the score. It was AWESOME! The shoot was sold out yet we managed to accommodate three walk-on shooters. By running 2 relays of shooters we managed to get a lot of shooters onto a fairly short line with room to spare. I have to say it worked far better than anticipated. There were several familiar faces in the group and it was thrilling to see the great strides in their marksmanship since I last saw them. This has become my new favorite place for Appleseeds. I will let others fill in their impressions and hopefully a few photographs. For now, all I can say is Wow! What a shoot!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

9mm4545

I was too tired last night to add that we also gained four new Orange Hats and promoted two Red Hats. It was truly a magical shoot. I am promised that photos are on the way...
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

rambo granny

:pics:

Here is a VIDEO link of the shoot
https://vimeo.com/240536240

If needed, password sneakpeek007...would like feedback if you need to use it or not as this is new territory for me to try
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

Nashville Stage

Quote from: rambo granny on October 30, 2017, 04:41:11 PM
Here is a VIDEO link of the shoot

Not a bad job!
Yes, the password was needed, but it worked just fine.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

PaleRider

Cool video! Miss ya, Sticks! See you at Tac-Con! Congrats on all of the Riflemen!
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

stoneknives

"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

KPUC

Like Bruce said, this was an epic shoot.  I have never seen so many people gel into Riflemen at the same time.  Many of them shot more than one qualifying AQT, demonstrating how repeatable these skills are.  I love seeing people struggle with that long, lonesome journey between head, hand and heart that it takes to shoot a course of fire well, and then seeing it all come together.  The smiles coming back from the target line were worth all the tears.

Many thanks to Bruce and Janet for taking time out to bring their expertise and experience to us.  Running an A and B relay really seemed to work out well for the number of shooters that we had on the line, allowing everyone to get some effective coaching and interaction without being crowded. 

Arkansas is a funny place, we had weather near freezing in the morning and bright and sunny all afternoon.  Many thanks to our host range at the MVSA.  It was a terrific place to hold an Appleseed.  Their facility is wonderful, clean and safe.  The burgers and hot dogs weren't too bad either. 

I hope to see this program grow with the new "orange hats."  I can't wait to shoot up your hats the way you retired Kyle's and mine. 

216 at Bald Knob, AR on 1/17/16
A rifleman persists; it took me six Appleseeds, a number of equipment changes and a trip to the eye doctor to qualify.  Pumpkinseed is my only daughter.

44automag

This was my first Appleseed, but definitely won't be my last.  I was probably the worst shooter in the group, but that means I probably learned the most.  I can't wait to practice all that I learned last weekend.  Thanks to all of the guys and gals who put this great event on. 

bright1

Fantastic!  This was my first event but not the last! Thanks again to the instructors and all that helped make this a successful shoot!  I learned much and can now properly prepare for the next event in the spring.  In addition to the actual time spent on the range, I really enjoyed the education presented as to our heritage as Americans. Congratulations to the new Red Hats!   Well done!   (and thanks for posting the video!)

rambo granny

44automag & bright1...
So very awesome to hear your comments. Thanks! You both really beat the socks off what I did on my first day at Appleseeds! Please do your perfect dry practice regularly! :snipersmi
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

joelbud

This was my 2nd Appleseed event at MVSA.  Had so much fun a the 1st one with Bruce, Janet, Sticks and company it was hard to believe they could out do themselves, but they did.  I brought my son and one of his friends (both age 13) with me and I was impressed and truly appreciated how much time the staff spent with both boys.  I managed to get my Rifleman patch this time (woo-hoo!).  Neither boy did.  However, both improved greatly since the last event and their scores went up with each AQT attempt so I'm sure it wont be long until they earn their patch too! Enjoyed the camaraderie all around0-both with the staff and other shooters.  Will definitely bring all back at the earliest opportunity!   :snipersmi :F :1luvu

rambo granny

Here's a great pic just located that needs to be shared. Mindy was a great student & one fantastic rifle-woman!
Her first appleseed plus great score!
Shoot like a girl!

rambo granny

Joel bud,
You & the boys were awesome to work with. It is very exciting to see such well behaved, committed, young Americans on the line working to attain the skills our founders revered. That is what truly gives me hope for preserving  Liberty! **)
Keep up the PERFECT dry practice & I know we will see the boys join you in earning their patches.

Buddy Love

The Hot Springs Appleseed events are amazing! MVSA does an excellent job of supporting the events and the facilities worked out perfectly for us. I especially liked the burgers and dogs for lunch so we could could continue to build the camaraderie while we took a break for lunch. All of our shooters made great strides this weekend from becoming more familiar with how to safely handle a rifle to all of our new Riflemen, IITs, and Instructors. It was truly rewarding meeting some new Appleseeders and watching many of my friends that I compete with earn the coveted Rifleman patch. Great work everybody!

I think the relays enabled the shooters to be much more comfortable and enjoy a much needed break from the grind while they prepped magazines for the next course of fire. It gave instructors enough room to get down on the mats and have some quality training opportunities with the shooters.

Thank you Bruce and Janet for making the journey all the way from Florida to run the event. I always love listening to the way you tell the history and appreciate all the tips you offered on how to improve as an instructor. I learned a lot this weekend from the shooters and the other instructors. I appreciate everyone coming out this weekend and enjoyed seeing those smiles as you came back from your targets.

Special shout out to our younger shooters for their excellent safe handling of the rifles. Erin, our blue hat, did an excellent job of keeping KPUC and me inline and helping with the shoot.

I will be posting a link shortly for pictures from the event.

minnesotarabit

Amazing results on the shoot! Congrats to all the new riflemen and women and all the new orange and red hats, we need you to help spread the word of Liberty. Now I just have to get up there sometime to help after hearing all this good stuff from RG and 9mm!
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

Pumpkinseed

I really enjoyed my time at the shoot. I think that we all learned something new. I learned some new history and got better at shooting my new semi automatic. There were many new orange hats and 2 new red hats. We used some style in retiring the old orange hats. The range was amazing but not very warm.  I would like to thank the shoot boss and all of the other rifleman that helped us organize this shoot. I would also like to thank the people who made lunch.  I hoping that I will be able to shoot a rifleman's score next time. For sure next time! 
My dad is KPUC

Rev.357

The Hot Springs team has really hit their stride.  New recruits and a lot of excitement.  Keep up the good work. 
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

minnesotarabit

RG love the video!! Great AA report! Felt for that 210 rifleman in that weather!
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787