News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

For All of you Interested in FULL DISTANCE

Started by risky buisness, January 10, 2009, 12:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

risky buisness

Well here we are again, and your wondering what to do  #)  with all that vacation time you have this summer, Tell ya what, head on out to KEMMERER Wyo for a RIFLEMANS BOOT CAMP O0 where you, yes you, can be the first on your block to say "I have shot a Full distance course" once you have tried it, you can't go back. Check out the REGESTRATION area and git er done, you won't be sorry.
Risky Buisness, Rifleman and worlds fastest single shot M1 Garand operator

Fred

rb, is there a hint here that "spaces may be limited, and early sign-up is advised"?

Full distance - you mean you're planning to shoot the AQT out to 400 yards?

I've heard rumors that the "full distance AQT", while a lot of fun, is actually easier than 25m AQT - at least, in the sense that your score will likely be higher than at 25m. Can you confirm or deny?

Any comments on that last point that might enlighten newbies to our program?

Any suggestions "what to bring" for any potential newbies who want to sign up?

Can they get their Red Instructor Hat at this event?

Will they shoot "Rifleman" at this event?

Is camping out an option?

Will there be "evenings around the campfire, under Western stars"?

Prob a lot of other questions, they have, too....
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

risky buisness

Well Fred, I'm glad you asked,
1st off, we can comfortably place 80 shooters on the 100 meter ranges, HOWEVER, when it comes to the full distance, were down to 20 or so to shoot the full 400 meter AQT at one time, so if any one is interested you better get going with the-----wait a second here---we had an instructor here last year who had never fired at any distance past 150 meters so I loaned him a Garand and ammo, and he said that firing that course was the most educational experience he had ever had, that was an instructor, so just think how much YOU can learn at this boot camp, but I digress--, Fred you have asked if the full distance is easier than the 25 meter, well, yes and no, for sure the targets are bigger and if you know the six steps it will help, but if you don't understand 'reading the wind you may have some problems, luckly all will be revealed before hand---EVERYTHING you need to know about firing a shot at 25 meters or 400 will be explained, practiced, and well understood by all the participants.
  For any one contemplating coming to this outstanding event, all the usuall supplies one could need are advised, sturdy shoes, bug repellant, sun screen, good hat, shooting jacket, lots of water, shooting mat or rug, note book, A TEACHBLE ATTITUDE, and a centerfire rifle at least for the full distance portion (with ammo) and a .22 for the 25 meter work.
If your wondering if you can become an instructor at this boot camp, yes you can, everyone we have instructed at Kemmerer has qualified, we've taught some pretty diverse groups too, some never before had fired a shot, some had shot alot but never could hit anything.
We encourage camping at the range for several reasons, 1, the folks you 'boot' with will in all probability be the best friends you ever make,2, the after hours commentary, story telling, are the best way to exchange information about all variety of rifle related topics and cannot be beat, here's a question---how many of you have ever been somewhere where you can fire to 4-500-900 meters? I bet you always have wanted to------
Kemmerer Wyo   May 31-June 5th

RancidSumo

Is there any chance of another full distance shoot this year?

colonial shooter

Quote from: RancidSumo on January 04, 2010, 03:09:02 PM
Is there any chance of another full distance shoot this year?

Most of the shoots in Wyoming have the capability to go for distance. Check out the shoot near you, or because it is Wyoming, you should be used to a little windshield time, pick any and get there ;)
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

risky buisness

Well yes indeed, you have heard it here first: there is a FULL DISTANCE course offered at this summers KEMMERER WYO RIFLEMANS BOOTCAMP, just as it has been since we started the BOOTCAMP tradition in Kemmerer. This year it's called--------  KEMMERER 410---------( 4th boot Camp, 2010 ) well, you proabably figured that out already. Sign up now or suffer the concequences  &)

RancidSumo

I plan on being there. I am not going to be happy if that is the last week of school  :'(

B-Line

The Boot Camp at Douglas,WY is also long distance; you can shoot to either 700 of 800 yards. I qualified at the RBC last year, and I though it was easier shooting at full distance.

B-LINE

risky buisness

Quote from: risky buisness on January 10, 2010, 03:39:55 AM
Well yes indeed, you have heard it here first: there is a FULL DISTANCE course offered at this summers KEMMERER WYO RIFLEMANS BOOTCAMP, just as it has been since we started the BOOTCAMP tradition in Kemmerer. This year it's called--------  KEMMERER 410---------( 4th boot Camp, 2010 ) well, you proabably figured that out already. Sign up now or suffer the concequences  &)
Since I posted this some time ago, I have had some folks tell me they actually wanted to come to Kemmerer and take this course, I find that to be some what interesting, after all who in there right mind would come to Kemmerer Wyo to shoot?
The answer to that is simple, just ask the coupla hundred Appleseeders who've been here to shoot, it's a great place to go. If you have questions send me a PM or check out the flier. I really will try to answer you now that it seems that my system is fairly reliable