News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Peterborough NH @ Monadnock R&G club, Oct. 14-15, 2017

Started by TOMINCT, October 16, 2017, 10:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

Appleseed returned to the Monadnock Rod and Gun club this past weekend with a great showing of 20 shooters on Saturday, a new benchmark for AS at this range. The shooters were a mix of some former AS attendees and some folks who had not fired a rifle at all. It was a busy firing line, to say the least!

Once underway the shooters worked through the fundamentals, practiced NPOA drills and sighting in. A few had their share of problems with newer rifles that couldn't be properly zeroed, so some loaners arrived on the scene to get things going better. Once set up with equipment that could deliver, optimism took a great leap and much improvement was seen from their efforts.

Sunday started with a tune up on squares and proceeded with AQT's. More personal attention was given to the shooter and some went back to drills and practicing in position before returning to AQT's. Several shooters were getting scores in the 190's and low 200's. They were as follows: Mitch, on Saturday with a 205, Gary with a 201, Chris with a 203. Shelley, one of our brand new shooters pushed it hard, going form 20% of her rounds on paper Saturday to a 203 on the AQT on Sunday! Huzzah! Overall everyone's performance showed improvement.

The Monadnock R&G club did a great job in promoting Appleseed at previous club events, the more recent one being a preparedness show at the club. I think it helped greatly in  bumping the numbers for this event. The club provided lunch both days, we hope to be back there for future events.

The IT crew of MattNH, JCS2 and mwolf did a great job, loaning equipment along with the instruction that made a big difference for those attending. Thank you, gentlemen.

A Rifleman persists.

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

MattNH

A great weekend.  Thanks to TOMINCT for making the trip up to cover as Shoot Boss.  What I really liked as well were the "Mom and Teen boy" crews that were there shooting and learning side by side
Appleseed is friend to all, enemy to none

MikeC710

Many thanks to Tom, John, and the Matts for tireless effort and infinite patience during our first event.  We learned a ton.  Special thanks to Matt K for saving the day when my wife's sights didn't.  Lending her your scoped rifle helped turn a frustrating Saturday into a very successful Sunday.  Hope to see you all at the next local event.

Kee

I joined for day one with my son.  Great group of folks, and excellent instruction.  Thanks Tom, Matt (both of you), and John.  Sorry to miss day two, and to see Shelley's transformation into a sharpshooter.  Wow - Nice work!

2ndMile

Glad to hear that shoot went well. Hopefully, I can make it down there next time.
I live in Liberty! (no, really. I do.)