News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Saint Augustine 10.21 - 22

Started by B.C., October 22, 2017, 08:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

What a noteworthy event in beautiful St Augustine! We had eight wonderful Americans join us to learn our shared heritage of marksmanship and the fascinating story of April 19th 1775. I cannot recall a better group of students in recent memory; as we turned on the firehose of instruction they soaked it up eagerly and wanted more. The weather was great and all was well in the world this weekend! Congratulations to Florida's newest riflemen: Joe and Leigh! You both did an outstanding job this weekend and you definitely earned that little badge of persistence we call the rifleman patch. Also congratulations to Danny who requalified convincingly and decided to take an orange hat and travel down the Appleseed trail with us. Well done my brother, well done indeed! Several of our other students were shooting high scores too and knocking at the door, well done also my friends. Come back and I know you will succeed. Special thanks to Saltwaters shooting club and my fellow instructors for making this great event happen. My hat is off to you Falcon, Heavy duty and Tom - thanks! I hope to see you all again in December. We are the irate minority, and I am sure proud of each and everyone of you.     
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

drumaster12

It was a great weekend. Thanks to all the instructors and our Shoot Boss for all the help, guidance, patience, and fun!
Congratulations to our new Riflemen!

9mm4545

Looks like an awesome event but where is the rain? It always rains in St. Augustine! Congratulations to the new Riflemen. The photos say it all: joy, accomplishment, persistence, and dedication. Well done, Appleseeders!!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

GeorgePBurdell

I concur w/ drumaster12.  B.C. (our shoot boss) and all of his staff made me a better American this weekend.  They were patient, passionate, professional ... and some of the nicest guys I've met.  My fellow students were all awesome as well.  One of them in particular (it might even be drummaster12, actually) was kind enough to lend me his rifle while sitting out on a significant portion of the event.  Who does that?!?!  I am thankful and relieved that he had already earned a Rifleman patch in the past.  The shooting community continues to prove itself to me, without a doubt, as the most genuine and unselfish bunch.

Although I am still in the infancy of learning about marksmanship and American history you don't necessarily learn in public schools ... I have enough to get me curious and motivated to further my learning.  Up until now, I have been complacent about my role as an American.  Although there was absolutely no talk about politics at our event ... I gathered on my own that my single vote (regardless of how I vote) is truly important.

I'll definitely be at the next Appleseed held in St. Augustine.  I'm eager to become more consistent and hopefully earn another Rifleman patch!

B.C.

Quote from: GeorgePBurdell on October 23, 2017, 12:32:25 PM

Although I am still in the infancy of learning about marksmanship and American history you don't necessarily learn in public schools ... I have enough to get me curious and motivated to further my learning.  Up until now, I have been complacent about my role as an American.  Although there was absolutely no talk about politics at our event ... I gathered on my own that my single vote (regardless of how I vote) is truly important.

My friends: I humbly submit to you all that this in fact is the very reason we are Appleseeders. In the truest sense, we are indeed Appleseed weekend warriors for the cause of liberty, dispelling the arrogant myth and blatant lie that one person cannot make a difference.

I can honesty say that over the weekend I was part of a team who made a difference and helped preserve liberty. What did you do for liberty over the weekend?
All the planning and hard work = WORTH IT

I was reading this post at lunch today at a local Chinese restaurant. I opened my fortune cookie and was not at all surprised at the fortune within. A picture of it is posted below. Coincidence? I think not. 
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

rambo granny

Awesome team of patriots..how could there be anything but success? I hope some of these fine students are coming back in Dec & I get the chance to meet them. 9mm4545 & myself traveled to Umatilla to do an awesome event the previous weekend & we will be teaching  in Arkansas this weekend. Hurricane Irma continues to throw challenges at us so had to take one weekend off...
All of you were in our hearts & minds this past weekend. Huzzah all!
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

Cold Warrior

Keep up the great work FL Team.
Huzzah!!
:F
"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred

TomM1Thumb

To 9mm4545, Yes We did get some RAIN, One Gully washer, that lasted for 5 minutes or so at lunch, and two or three other light showers later in the day. We packed up the portable shade before the next batch of showers when the covers were still dry.
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine