News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Known Distance event prep

Started by m1agsr, October 11, 2017, 01:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m1agsr

Anyone know what the approximate ammo usage is for a 1 day KD event? I'm set right now with about 460 rounds on stripper clips but have more loose ammo.
Are you a rifleman, or a cook?

O.___.                           
  )V        O.___.                   
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Laredo

That should be more then plenty!  KD often has less round count than a typical AS.
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

m1agsr

that was kinda my assumption. i think the 2 day AS was around 500 rounds (on the high end). I went to the range yesterday, did some practice AQTs at 25y using my watch as a timer to get as close to official as i could.

O.___.                           
  )V        O.___.                   

m1agsr

./facepalm

https://appleseedinfo.org/how-to-prepare/

that page calls out AS 1, 2 day and a KD day. hahah i wonder what else is on the site...

O.___.                           
  )V        O.___.