News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Harvard, MA - 2017-10-07 One Day Ladyssed

Started by aim, October 08, 2017, 06:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aim

No photos, no problems, and no rain.

A small one-day Ladyseed under the direction of a busy-but-capable SBiT managed the apparently impossible: even the absolute beginner shooter put every single round fired on target. You know you have a special shooter on the line when you clear the line, trudge out to the targets, look at the paper, count 1,2,3,4 and wonder out loud where the fifth hole may be. "Oh yeah, I had a jam. The fifth round never went off...".

Everything was covered, everything was discussed, everything was analyzed, and we even had an AHA! moment during the NPOA sight carding demonstration. No patches, unfortunately, but we did squeeze in an animated and engaged heritage discussion, and concluded with an awesome exchange during the benediction, Did I mention meticulous attention to safety to top it all off?

What a day!
Shiny!

scuzzy

There ya go brother. Good shoot.

"trudge out to the targets, look at the paper, count 1,2,3,4 and wonder out loud where the fifth hole may be. "Oh yeah, I had a jam. The fifth round never went off..."".

Y'all must be doing something right.

And no safety incidents - to me that's what keeps me on my toes.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.