News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Kingston, MI September 30-October 1, 2017

Started by 3.Dogs, October 04, 2017, 03:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3.Dogs

You couldn't ask for a better weekend for an Appleseed.  Our shooters had the most perfect weather to work on becoming marksmen.  We had more than a few shooters returning to the line to try and reach that Rifleman's score.  We also had a few first time shooters who drank from the fire hose.  It was a truly a wonderful weekend.  I saw a lot of improvement over the weekend after the first red coat as everyone started to apply each lesson in marksmanship.  I also have to give all of our shooters a hearty "Well Done!".   Each of you paid close attention to the process of  making your rifle safe throughout the whole weekend we had hardly anyone needing to be called back to the line to adjust your rifles.  Even during the sudden and unexpected cease fire called during the fourth stage of the AQT not a single shot was fired after the first cease.  I know each of you possess the skills to reach a Rifleman's score and I know with a little practice to put everything together you will easily earn your patch.  Remember a Rifleman is persistent.  A Rifleman will continue to work on and improve their skills.

It was a pleasure to work with each of you during this event.  I look forward to seeing all of you on the line again in the future.

3.Dogs
"Maybe we should call Burbs." - SteelThunder