News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

"The Range at NRA" Car Show

Started by The Wolfhound, September 27, 2017, 09:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

Lots of show cars and gun enthusiasts in one place!  The Range at the NRA Headquarters held a Car Show and invited Appleseed to come out and man an information booth.  On a warm sunny Sunday in September several members of the Virginia Cadre turned out to spread the word.  "Team Monkey" (Monkey, Missus Monkey, and Mini Monkey plus Josh) came 4 hours up to Fairfax to join BD and The Wolfhound to engage folks, pass out flyers,  pins, stickers, and chamber flags and explain Project Appleseed.  My estimate is that about 150 people were individually engaged at our table.  The blow up display wall from the NRA AM was impressive.  The Range folk had put us in a great location, right outside the entrance to the National Firearms Museum (an absolutely "must see") which got even better when some of the classic cars joined our location.  The beautiful 1970 Mustang and the 1946 MG drew many folks to our "area of operations".

The Wolfhound

Some Pictures!

The Wolfhound

More pictures

The Wolfhound

The pictures you really wanted to see....

The Wolfhound

More of the good stuff..

scuzzy

Cool. Cars and Guns. All that was needed to make it complete was bikes.

I used to have a 68 Mustang. Until my little brother borrowed it and wrecked it. Sigh. He wasn't hurt in the wreck thankfully. LOL - but a big knot appeared on his head the next day as if by magic.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

BD

There were a handfull of bikes there, maybe 10-15.
Over 300 cars dating back to the 20's.  It was cool.

We talked to a bunch of people and seemed to get a good response.
I hope we see at least some of them on the line.
Up the Republic