News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Billings MO Sept. 23-24

Started by connibear, September 26, 2017, 11:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

connibear

Hold on for more info and pics!!!
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

pballer2oo7

This was a great shoot. Good weather, attitudes, and results.

Things got rolling a little before 9AM Saturday with the safety briefing. Ninety percent of the shooters were repeat Appleseeders and aced the four safety rules and how to make a safe rifle.

Our opening redcoat target showed the group averaging a 200 yard effective range with a handful of shingle hits. Then we got busy with prone steady hold factors and proper sling use.

After a couple of strings of fire, we were paid a visit by two members of the Sons of the American Revolution in period dress. They talked a little about our history and showed off a replica Brown Bess that several shooters took the chance to fire.

Starting at lunch and through the afternoon, Ben (connibear) told the story of the three strikes of the match that got the flame of the Revolutionary War burning hot. We wrapped up the day with a couple of AQTs and we all went home tired after a very productive day.

We began Sunday with the goal of bringing the effective range of the group up to 300 yards and getting a couple of rifleman scores. With some persistence, and lots of water breaks, we were able to meet that goal: the closing redcoat target showed an average effective range of 300 yards and we closed the weekend with two new riflemen (somebody post those pictures!) and one requalification.  :snipersmi

On a personal note: this was my second event as a shoot boss in training. I couldn't have asked for a better group as I continue learning how to run a successful shoot. Thank you to each and every one that came out. I had a great time and I can't wait until the next one.

David
Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! - I hope you will make a good Use of it. - if you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.

--J. Adams, 1777