News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Bellevue, MI September 16-17, 2017

Started by 3.Dogs, September 26, 2017, 03:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3.Dogs

We had a great weekend with four returning seeders showing the meaning of persistence.  The weather couldn't have been more accommodating with nice blue sunny skies.   Temps were a little bit on the hot side but that is okay.  All four of our shooters stepped up to once again try and achieve a Rifleman's score.  To our shooters practice, practice, practice.  I cant stress this enough.  Get out an work on your positions, your six steps, and finding your NPOA.  Through out the weekend I saw alot of improvement.  Now it is all just really putting it all together.  Thats where the practice comes in.  Being able to do a transition and finding that npoa in as short amount of time as possible comes down to repetition.  Going through each step over and over so that it becomes second nature.  Even if you cant make it to the range that often you can practice at home.  Dry firing is a valuable tool.  Remember though to have no ammunition in the same room your practicing in.  Go through the motions.  Work on finding your npoa.  Work on your six steps,  go through them one by one.   Walk through your positions in your head,  is your support hand loose and relaxed, elbow under the rifle, is the sling loose or to tight.  Step by step. I have no doubt each of you can reach that Rifleman's score.  I look forward to seeing you finally getting your patch.

I would like to thank Centerline of Calhoun County for holding this event. 

I would also like to thank my instructors for coming out and helping this weekend.  You guys rock.
"Maybe we should call Burbs." - SteelThunder