News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Redmond, WA, September 23/24, 2017 AAR

Started by Prescott, September 26, 2017, 02:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

It was a beautiful fall weekend for rifle marksmanship and to learn about the heritage of our country. 

I would like to thank the Interlake Sporting Association for hosting this event.  It was our second event at their club this year, and it was sold out weeks ahead of time.   The range was a very gracious host, and I am looking forward to more events next year.  The only bad thing about this event is the number of student who did not show up for the class.  We had two last minute cancellations and five no-shows.   Since this event was sold out, it would have been nice to be able to offer those spaces to other student that would have came to the event.

I would like to congratulate our two new rifleman, Greg and Jo.  I knew Greg was going to earn his rifleman patch, he is very smooth in the operation of his rifle which comes with lots of practice.   It took a couple of AQTs for him to put the skills to practice, but he did a great job in using all of the instructional techniques to achieve his rifleman score.   Jo has been to a couple previous Appleseed events and is the model of persistence.   She shot a few AQTs in the high 200s, but kept applying the skills and got her score up to 210!

In addition, Bill and Milt both re-qualified with rifleman scores this weekend.  Milt put on his own marksmanship display while using a Brno bolt action training rifle.   He shot multiple rifleman scores and shot a high score of 232.   Bill was on a mission to beat Milt's score and posted an AQT score of 236.   Congratulation to both of you on adoption of the marksmanship techniques taught by Appleseed.   Muscle shooters can achieve rifleman scores, but you have to use all of the Appleseed marksmanship skills to get into the 230s.

I would like to thank the remainder of the participants for coming to the event this weekend.   As I mentioned during the event, it is standard for only 10% of the new participants to earn their rifleman patch at their first event.   Keep practicing these techniques and you will earn the patch.   

The use of a laser pointer as a training aid is invaluable.   It can help with many aspects of rifle marksmanship; including the Steady Hold Factors, trigger control and NPOA shifts.   Laser pointers are inexpensive to pick up off Amazon.

I would like to extend three Huzzahs to Bill and Anthony!  They are both interested in becoming Instructors in Training.   ^:)^

Appleseed can not continue to grow unless we add more instructors to our ranks.   I will be in touch with you to help guide you through the process of becoming new IITs.

I look forward to seeing you all again at another AS event.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Prescott

Here are some pictures from the event.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Prescott

More photos

Prescott

More photos

Prescott

Earl

I am having challenges with my Windows, but did post my pictures on Facebook for my friends to see. It was a very good group of shooters, very happy to see repeat riflemen and women, also that the Fall weather agreed with our activity for two whole days.  Those that aren't as close as they want to that Rifleman patch, practice the six steps, the steady hold factors, and Natural point of aim, without the bullets in your home or backyard, it does take lots of practice to smooth it all out. Hope to see everyone on another range at another Appleseed one day, and bring your family and friends. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

janer

Congratulations to all the Riflemen.  Fun weekend, I hope to see you all on the line again.  Here is a link to a few more pictures: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10212590891105697.1073741852.1186880046&type=1&l=9805ffdb5f