News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marion Ohio Sept 23 & 24, 2017

Started by Corvette, September 25, 2017, 01:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

We had another great shoot at Meeker Sportsman Center near Marion, Ohio this past weekend.  We had 11 shooters on the line with a good mix of returning Seeders and new folks.  It was very much a family affair with several Father/Son, Father daughter and other family groupings. 

The weather was sunny and hot both days but everyone did a great job staying hydrated and all was well.  The Sat morning Red Coat showed promise with ALL 11 putting three rounds in the 100 yd target and just under half at 200. 

Instructions were given, drills were shot and before we knew it, DOM was giving a fantastic First Strike at lunch.  IMC, sight adjustments, steady hold in seated and off hand followed and the day ended with a practice AQT and the Sat PM Red Coat was shoot. 

Improvement was impressive. 10 of 11 at 100, 7 of 11 at 200, 6 at 300 and 4 at 400 with 1 cleared Red Coat.  Huzzah. 

Sunday started with the Safety and POI reviews and the morning Red Coat.  While not quite as good as Sat afternoon's it was really close.  AQT's were shot and we made two Riflemen.  Rob requalified with a 229, 213 and a 228.  His father Drew finally earned his patch with a 210 (and a baptism with holy water from the North Bridge) and he backed it up with a 219.

The Sunday Red Coat was shot early so we could spend the rest of the day working at long range with centerfires.  Steel was set at 100, 200 and 300 and the shooters enjoyed several hours of practice putting their skills to work at full distances. 

The day ended with smiles and good cheer.  Thanks to Dom and to Cadence for helping make the event a smooth and successful shoot.  And, congratulations to Dom who earned his Red Hat this weekend.  Huzzah.

Corvette

:pics:
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

Rob clears Sat PM Red Coat
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

cwcdl79

A couple of pics from the weekend, including a nice baptism with water from the North Bridge! I bet THAT felt nice!

Corvette

Shooters,

When we cleaned up the range on Sunday, we swept up a hammer along with the spent brass.  If you broke down your rifle and lost a hammer, I have it.  Post a comment here or let me know at srb@teamsol.com and I will mail it to you. 

Thanks to all of you for a great shoot, I look forward to seeing all of you on our line again.

Corvette