News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RED BLUFF, CA SEPT 16-17

Started by NorCal22Gal, September 20, 2017, 02:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Fall Appleseeds. 

Wonderful weather, great people.

Red Bluff at the Tehama Shooter's Association Range was a wonderful fall Appleseed.

11folks came out to learn what we had to teach, and learn they did.

We started Saturday a bit later than usual due to a match on the range we were using, so after the safety briefing we did a bit of history.  Finished up just in time for the match to get done.

These folks were eager to learn and put what we taught to good use. 

We stopped for lunch and the first two Strikes. 

Then it was back to the range.  Seated/kneeling was a difficult position Saturday, so we spent some extra time on it.

Finished up the day with the 3rd Strike.

Awarded a Young Patriots patch to our only youth, Kit.  Thanks Kit for doing such a great job.

Sunday was just as beautiful.

Everyone showed up and we just plowed right back in to the shooting.

This was a group that was amazingly sponge like...soaked up the information, asked questions and put it all to good use.

We stopped for lunch and some stories.

After lunch, I might have mentioned that I would like to give out lots of Rifleman patches....

Well...Lance repeated his Rifleman score.  Only this time with his AR15.  Turning in a nice 216.

Shortly after that, Lance's son Tim beat his dad with a 224.

Richard, a good friend of Lance's, finally got his Rifleman with a 210, and yes, was doused with a bottle of water from the North Bridge!!

Clark really showed us he knew well what he was about...3 Rifleman scores!!234, 221, and a 212!!

Everyone else posted some great scores also!

Thank you to everyone for making this a great event.  Couldn't do it with out you

Thank you also for staying and helping us tear down and clean up, it is much appreciated.

Thank you also to my instructors, you were awesome this weekend.
Your Staff!

Laurie     NorCal22Gal    Shoot Boss
Joe      eaglescouter
April      April 6 Showers
Steve      TallSteve

The books I mentioned:

Paul Revere's Ride & Washington's Crossing by David Hackett-Fischer

On Facebook look up Tara Ross, she does some really nice short history stories.

Thank you again for coming out!!

TallSteve

We really enjoyed this event.  Great shooters.  Great attitudes.  Great weather.  Nice range. 

Thank you to everyone who made this a great event.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

5akman

A great weekend, hosted by great people telling a great story! :)

I'm hoping to qualify with my SKS/Tech Sights next at 25m, then try the KD event again. Get those two things done and I might feel like I'd qualify to be an instructor.

Lance