News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Martin, Ga September 16-17, 2017

Started by 76Patriot, September 18, 2017, 08:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76Patriot

I want to thank all of the students that showed up for this event.  We had some amazing shooters, with several knocking on the Rifleman's door!  There was so much improvement throughout the weekend, and lots of excitement could be felt from the students.

I will post more later, but feel free to add any pictures or comments.

"Why stand we here idle?" - Patrick Henry

76Patriot

Saturday began early...and beautiful.  We began the day with safety briefings followed by our first Red Coat target.  Then we dove into the 6 Steps of Firing the Shot, Prone Position Steady Hold Factors & Sling Use, and Natural Point of Aim.  Some squares targets were shot and then we learned about Talking Targets.  Lunch began and the First Strike was given while we ate.  With bellies full, we went back to the line to shoot more squares and learn about Inches, Minutes, and Clicks.  We shot some more squares and then learned how to shoot in various sitting positions.  We took a break from the heat to hear the Second Strike of the Match, then continued our instruction with an NPOA drill and the Standing position.  We then dove into our one AQT of the day, followed by the Third and final strike of the day.  We finished the day with a Red Coat target and a benediction.

Then most of us gathered for some Mexican food...hmmm, tasty.

Sunday morning brought back all but one shooter, and we began the day with review, followed by a Red Coat target, some sighter squares, and an AQT.  We continued with a Ball and Dummy drill, then broke for lunch where we were treated with stories of Dangerous Old Men (and Women too!).  After lunch we shot some more squares and another AQT, then we had a Known Distance presentation and learned about the Rifleman's Bubble and the Rifleman's Dance.  We finished up the day with some KD shooting which include shooting at steel targets.

I want to again thank all of the students for persisting through the afternoon heat, and I look forward to seeing each of you on the Appleseed trail.

I didn't get any pictures during the event.  If anyone has pictures please upload them.
"Why stand we here idle?" - Patrick Henry