News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ok Nevada, Step Up!

Started by Greg in MO, January 08, 2009, 12:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg in MO

My friends, we have a problem.

We have a shoot in Boulder City in less than 2 weeks, and we have 4 shooters signed up.

AZGromit and I are coming from far away to help you guys make this shoot a success.  Last year when we were there we PACKED all three bays we were given.  I know because I was one of the guys packed in there.  It was a great shoot, so WHERE IS EVERYONE!?!?

We need everyone in the area to get out and push this event.  Print out the flyer and get them to every gun shop around the area.  Talk it up with your gun friends and non-gun friends (you never know).  Guilt your family into coming.  You folks in surrounding states need to talk it up as well.  We had a bunch of out-of-staters there last year.

I need someone in the area to copy and paste this announcement on the Las Vegas Craigslist site.  They don't like people posting from outside the area, so Gromit and I can't really do it for you, but I made it as easy as possible.  You can put it in the Events section, or the Free section, or even the Sporting section.  Take your pick.

Ok, let's get it DONE!  Looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple weeks!

Greg

See below:

FREE Rifle Marksmanship & American Heritage Clinic

The Revolutionary War Veterans Association, a non-profit, all-volunteer organization, are providing one- and two-day rifle safety, marksmanship and American heritage clinics, called Appleseeds.

Attendees are taught rifle safety and the foundational marksmanship skills that will allow them to shoot accurately to 500 yards (the rifleman's quarter-mile) with only a stock rifle, sling, and iron sights. The focused lessons and supportive team teaching create a comfortable, no-fail environment for men, women, and children alike and everyone, from the experienced competitive shooter to the never-touched-a-rifle-before beginner, will benefit from the clear instruction and individual coaching provided by the dedicated, volunteer staff.

During breaks in the marksmanship instruction, students learn about the events of April 19th, 1775, when the torch of liberty ignited. They learn about the determination and sacrifices of ordinary people who faced an extraordinary opponent to purchase our liberty, the vital role marksmanship played in the struggle, and the reason it is essential to preserve this heritage for future generations.

Appleseeds are FREE to women, people under 21, active military (including Guard and Reserve), and Revolutionary War re-enactors in period dress. All others: One day: $45, Two Days: $70. There is a range fee of $10 per day for all attendees.

The clinic will be held rain or shine on 17 & 18 January 2009, just outside Boulder City, NV at the Boulder City Rifle and Pistol Club. The clinic runs from 8:30 am until about 4:00 pm, with a break for luncheon.

To learn more about the RWVA and Project Appleseed, see the nationwide Appleseed schedule, and register for an event, visit: http://www.appleseedinfo.org

keywords: firearm history shoot patriot gun military heritage target rifle ammunition

MOGromit

Thanks Greg!

Actually the Craigslist notice has already been posted, and they didn't even yell at me for doing it not being "local".  They didn't ask for my location when I signed up on CL, so I don't know how they would be able to tell.

You can see the notice at:  http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/eve/983100549.html

The official flyer including my contact information (azgromit@yahoo.com) is attached for plastering the BC, Henderson and Vegas area.

Let's go NV!!!

AZG[attachment=1]

Fred

Man, if I lived in Nevada, and had to have someone from AZ do my work for me, I'd be pissed!

Must be a good thing, that you Nevadans are so laid back - is that the "blue state" effect? :-X

Let's go! :~
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

TrebleShooter

Glad I read this. Will definitely be putting one up for the April 2010 shoot. In addition to lastering the town with flyers. :)