News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt rifle & pistol club

Started by gunjunkie, September 04, 2017, 05:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunjunkie

This was one hot weekend and with no breeze the heat was brutal. I would like to thank all in attendance. I was impressed with the determination of day ones shooters but not surprised to see the line thin out on day two as the sun had taken its toll by days end. All shooters made great progress toward that elusive rifleman patch, confident that in cooler weather some would have been earned. The seed has been planted and we will see all these fine Americans on the firing line again. With the Brewer family as the only shooters on the line for Sunday and the fact that all but one are hats we had somewhat of a mini IBC. All the instructors in attendance had an opportunity to exercise the rifleman skills proving they have what it takes to shoot score. I can't say enough good things about those instructors willing to give up their weekends for such a worthy cause, they are indeed great folks. I would like to thank all the instructors with a special thanks to Ken, Lori and Chris who drove some distance for such a small event. I can't wait to do it again!     
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

JustKim

This was a great shoot!  Both days were "like a sauna" out there.  IT WAS HOT!!  All shooters arrived with teachable attitudes and lots of progress was made - unfortunately, several were too worn out to come back on Sunday, but I'm sure they will be back - as Chuck stated, the seed has been planted - everyone had a great time.  Sunday ended up being almost all hats, and thanks to Ken and Lori, we all got the opportunity to shoot and polish our skills.  All re-qualified.  Chuck did a great job at his first solo shoot boss experience.  Brandy, Kevin and their daughter Kyla all shot 191 on their first AQT while their youngest daughter scored 119 - see any pattern?  Believe me all of their scores increased throughout the shoot as they have all proven they know how to shoot.  Brandy and Kevin both shot a 210 at some point - although not their first rifleman score, both welcomed the ice-cold water bath.  Kevin also shared a water-bath with his youngest, Caleb, who didn't shoot, but was very helpful throughout the weekend.  Steve and his daughter Jessica both listened and applied what they learned and increased their scores on day one as did James, Winston and Dave - we look forward to seeing everyone back in November when the weather is a bit more suitable.  Great instruction, great stories, great shooting!!!  Pictures to follow
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

B.C.

Sounds like it was good times! Congratulations Chuck for making it happen. I find that no matter what range I'm on for an event I always have a little of the IDMR with me. There should be a bumper sticker that says "What would E.S. do?" Know what I'm saying?
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

JustKim

Forgot to mention that we all had the opportunity to fire the Brown Bess --  Thanks Chuck!!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Gator1776

Super shoot. HOT. New Green Hat Shoot Boss. Great Job. HOT. Students good additude. HOT. Excellent instruction. Teaching everywhere. Comprehension by some. HOT. Your eyes go first. Water Breaks. Good Pace. Hydrate. Good RWVA Orange Hat support. Drink. Brown Bess. Thai food Saturday night. HOT, Very HOT! Hydrate!

Thanks to Chuck and Kim for hosting two days of pure fun. Thanks to Lori and Ken for their coaching and mentoring. And thanks to the rest of the Orange Hats for lots of Blue Hat help.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it."
― Thomas Paine