News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

(2018 Appleseed promotional event) - Orlando CFRPC Ladies Day is April 14, 2018

Started by xsquidgator, September 04, 2017, 12:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xsquidgator

I'm putting this up now before I get distracted by Hurricane Irma drawing a bead on the Sunshine State.
This is what's becoming an annual announcement for Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club (CFRPC) in Orlando - Ladies Day event.
CFRPC Ladies Day for 2018 will be Saturday, April 14th at CFRPC in Orlando.
CFRPC Ladies Day (http://cfrpc.com/programs/ladiesday-main.html) is an annual one-day event intended to introduce ladies of *all* experience levels to shooting and to shooting activities.  Participants can try their hand at shooting every type of firearm, and can also try their hand at shooting activities like IDPA, IPSC, 3Gun, trap, etc and of course, Appleseed.

This isn't a "regular" Appleseed event, but in years past we've had great support from the Florida Appleseeders to run the Appleseed bay with some 25m rimfire shooting, history, and to promote Appleseed to the ladies who stop by our  bay.  Will you consider volunteering to help us with the event?  All Appleseeders are welcome, and your efforts in the past have paid off by getting ladies and their families to attend subsequent AS events!  CFRPC provides lunch and hydration to all volunteers, and will likely again be giving away several Glock pistols in drawings only for the volunteers!

Please save the date, and hope we'll see you at CFRPC Ladies Day 2018!

minnesotarabit

On my calendar, xsquidgator, to AC/RSO. Let me know if you need anything else done.
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

xsquidgator

Bumping this up to the top again, as we're within about two months or so of the event.
If you'd like to come work this one-day event in Orlando, please let me know or contact the Ladies' Day Coordinator for the host range, Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club Inc.  I'm a club member who's handling the "Appleseed Bay" for the club.

IMPORTANT- I'll be glad to keep a list of Appleseed volunteers, but you will need to register as a volunteer with this event through PractiScore.  The organizer is using PractiScore to keep track volunteers and, for instance, to order lunch and other supplies for volunteers.  If you're not in Practiscore, you won't get lunch, nor will you be in the prize drawing for volunteers!  (in past years, the club usually gives away several Glock handguns, winner drawn from the list of volunteers.  I don't know what the prizes are this year, but they're generally worthwhile  :))

UPDATE: Register at --> https://practiscore.com/ladies-day-2018-volunteer-sign-up/register
or, search for "CFRPC Ladies Day" in PractiScore Clubs or Matches.

If you haven't worked this event before, we'll set up an 82 foot line and will be offering lady attendees the opportunity to shoot perhaps at a silhouette target and to get a taste of Appleseed.   The club/host range will provide 22LR ammunition, but if you can bring a 22LR rifle to be put on the line, that would be great.

http://cfrpc.com/programs/ladiesday-main.html  -> Ladies' Day web page

email address for the host range coordinator, who can explain how to get signed up via PractiScore.  ladiesdayinfo@cfrpc.com

Minutemom

This is a really great event that brought out a bunch of ladies to our first Ladyseed in Orlando.  It's a lot of fun!  Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year due to a schedule conflict, but I highly recommend it!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Cable___Guy

Tom,
I will be there with a few loaners. If Grandma can come watch the baby, Erica will attend as well.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

rambo granny

We have not missed a year of this, but it will be very iffy for us....will have to get closer to see if we have cleared the oath enough
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David