News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ames IA August 26 & 27 2017

Started by Twineagles, August 30, 2017, 09:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

What a great shoot. We had a mix of new and experienced shooters. A few familiar faces from earlier shoots too. Weather cooperated clouds and a few sprinkles were welcomed compared to what late August in IA could be. Ames Izaak Walton league is a super facility and well maintained. Thank you to them for closing the range to their members so we could have an Appleseed.

Shooters performed great we had 3 new rifleman and 2 requalifiers. The shooters all improved throughout the weekend. We were well staffed and that allows more one on one time with shooters. We even gained an orange hat and have a new shootboss. Huzzah!

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Yankeedutch

Way to go Ames.  I knew he had the SB in the bag, when I had to leave and without hesitation, he assigned the DSB to call the line.  Ames did a great job and seemed ready for anything!
The entire instructor team did a great job.
I really appreciate Socks for helping my daughter and telling a great story!
I enjoyed meeting a lot of new people.  Congrats to the new rifleman and Orange Hat.  Huzzah! ^:)^
Dutch
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Drfury

It was a great weekend at another great Appleseed shoot in Ames. Its always a great feeling seeing people improve. If you take a look at our red coat stats from Saturday to end of day Sunday there was a vast improvement. We also had several shooters post 200's; so close!

Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain.

Yankeedutch

First Redcoat ever for my 10 year old.
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Ames

This was an outstanding Appleseed weekend!  We actually had another late re-qualifier at the end of Sunday.  So the total was three requalifies and three new riflemen.  PLUS, we had three cleared redcoats.  I thoroughly enjoyed working with this group of students.  And this was again another outstanding group of instructors.  Very proud of our two orange hats.  We had them working very hard and they stepped up!

Here are some photos I took from the weekend. 

Twineagles

Cort did a super job running the show this weekend and gained a well deserved promotion.

In all a great weekend 6 rifleman scores were shot, along with 3 cleared redcoats.

IA gained a new shoot boss and thanks to Brandon for stepping up a new orange hat too.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne