News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Monroe WI 8/26-27/17

Started by Chewie, August 29, 2017, 08:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chewie

:F New Red Hat to join WI ranks!  :F

We had a good weekend some weather but the shooters did not let that get them down. Group of 8 shooters some new some returning ended Sunday with 2 new Riflemen and 1 Re-qual and Slothman joining the Red Hat ranks for WI. Thanks to the Green County Range for hosting us and to the 4 other instructors that came to help our shooters improve. Steel Dragon, Slothman, Trapper Pete and Scattershot Sarah all helped me out making sure we had a safe and fun shoot despite that rain and possible thunder storms. I do have pics and will post them!

'Til we meet again, may your aim be true and the lead fly.

"I have many times asked the American backwoodsman what their best marksman could do. They tell me that an expert rifleman can hit the head of a man at 200yds. I am certain that provided an American rifleman could get perfect aim at 300yds would undoubtedly hit me unless it was a very windy day" Maj Hanger British Army

Slothman

What a great weekend!  The improvements we saw throughout Saturday were some of the best I've seen as a group.  Everybody's groups were tightening up and we had an almost-rifleman at the end of the day(209!).

The young shooters were an encouragement as they were always engaged, respectful, and fun to encourage and instruct.

Jakob - keep working on building your positions consistently, the 6 steps, and finding and trusting your NPOA.  The shot groupings I saw indicated that you'll be a rifleman soon if you keep working on it.

Allie & Zach - You guys were great!  Working through mechanical issues while trying to apply everything we taught is no easy feat, but you both were troopers.  Keep at it!

Mike - I'm not sure why you didn't score rifleman on Sunday.  I think perhaps working too much with the mechanical / ammo issues & swapping rifles kept you from getting there.  Your groups are good enough!

Jacob & Matt - You're both on the edge of rifleman!  Keep working on applying everything consistently.  It may be hard to move past old habits (or other training),  but you'll get there soon if not at the next Appleseed you come to.  (Because of course you're coming to a next one, right?!)

Jim - Good job realizing what needed to change from your previous Appleseed - your scores were great.  I felt horrible scoring the 209 on Saturday, but no worries - you had it (more than once!) on Sunday!  Congratulations on achieving Rifleman!

Dawson - Shooting Rifleman on your first Appleseed is quite a feat!  Way to go.  Come back and do it again, and bring a friend!

Jim & Dawson - like Chewie mentioned this weekend, if you're interested in volunteering and taking an orange hat, let us know.  Dawson, you'll need to come to at least one more Appleseed.   We can always use more help on the line!

Chewie, Scattershot, Steel Dragon, TrapperPete - it was great working with you all this weekend.  I look forward to working future 'seeds with you all!  It was an honor making the jump to Red Hat this weekend with you.

-Slothman / Jeff

I've only got a few pictures from Saturday.  Here they are:

2015-06-06 - Appleseed 1 / Rifleman - Eagle/McMiller, WI
2016-04-16 - Appleseed 2 / IIT - Lodi, WI
2017-08-27 - "Red Hat" Instructor - Monroe, WI

martin

What a nice looking range! It looks like everyone was under cover and out of the rain. Congratulations to Slothman on achieving Redhat.
Well done to everyone on a well run event!
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson