News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Guntersville, Al. Aug. 26-27,2017

Started by T.J. 8, August 28, 2017, 04:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.J. 8

What a great weekend for Liberty! This weekend saw a group of eager, enthusiastic shooters and instructors gather at the Blue and Gray range in Guntersville. For all but one of our shooters, this was their first Project Appleseed! Kat was our return shooter. Kat, came to the clinic with a broken trigger finger! Shooting with her non-dominant hand, she was in the black after a couple of sight adjustments  :bow: Unfortunately, Kat was unable to return on Sunday. Get well soon and join us again!  Young Will and Jason saw steady improvement over the course of the weekend and were within a few points of a rifleman's score several times. I have every faith they will achieve that goal very soon! A rifleman persists! Brenda was not only new to Project Appleseed, she was a first time shooter! She took to it like a duck to water! :~ Brenda is already looking at the schedule for our next event! Jose, while not new to shooting, was new to Project Appleseed and did what is rarely done the first time around...he earned his rifleman's patch! HUZZAH! ^:)^ Jose now has his sights set on a KD!  A great big Thank You to the Blue and Gray for hosting this event and to the shooters and instructors who attended to make this weekend  so spectacular!

Mixed Metaphor

A great day for Liberty indeed!  The shooters were a real joy to work with.  I am looking forward to seeing them again.  There was tremendous improvement across the line.  I want to point out that, not only did Jose qualify Rifleman at his first Appleseed event, he did it with a bolt action rifle!  HUZZAH!!  I spent a great of deal of time with Miss Brenda and I can't express the joy that it gave me watch her shoot and improve. O0  It was a little emotional seeing her hit the Sharpshooter score!  I know there is a Rifleman patch in her future!  ..:..

Thank you to the Blue and Gray for allowing the use of the facility.  Thanks to all of the instructors.  Thank you to all of the shooters!  Without shooters, there would be no events.

HUZZAH!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

T.J. 8

Please keep shooter Kat in your thoughts and prayers. She was in a horrible motorcycle accident and spent Sunday in ICU. Her injuries are extensive.

Nashville Stage

Quote from: T.J. 8 on August 29, 2017, 05:07:08 PM
Please keep shooter Kat in your thoughts and prayers. She was in a horrible motorcycle accident and spent Sunday in ICU. Her injuries are extensive.

So sorry to hear that! Will definitely be keeping her & her family in my prayers.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Mixed Metaphor

May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

AH1Tom

mslefaye

Update on Kat:
Lacerated liver
Two Broken Ribs
Shattered Disk in back
Various less than inch deep lacerations on legs and arms.

I am out of hospital since the every two hours of blood tests, cat scan, and MRI show liver is not badly lacerated or I would have been helicoptered to B'ham.

I hurt badly my front end of motorcycle is totaled, basically everything on handlebars, and light were destroyed along with rear two blinkers being ripped off.

My new never shot before rifle snapped in half.

I am just a poor cook nobody loves me, she's just a poor cook from a navy family, cannot shoot cannot shoot, maybe she will just stay a cook
I am a PTSD suffer but still love shooting. Wanting to learn more than my self taught bench skills will allow.
... and call me Kat

campingfan

Kat!
Prayers for healing and a quick recovery are going up for you from my bunch!
Glad you are out of the hospital.
Hope you have other wheels and that we will see you in New Market or Summerville.

mslefaye

I don't have other wheels, $1200 just in parts to repair bike, and at moment can't stand, or lay down without possibility of hurting myself worse. Hopefully Doctor this morning will make life easier for me.

Been trying to practice with air rifle I can sit, and sorta do standing without falling down. Scope on air rifle needs an extra 6 inches but even so with cross hairs hitting 2 out of 3 guessing point of aim on bulls eye standing, good groups no batter what. Using Magpul MSR 1 as GI sling quicker release easy to hasty sling.

Oh and how do I get a print out of that group pic?
I am a PTSD suffer but still love shooting. Wanting to learn more than my self taught bench skills will allow.
... and call me Kat