News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Ramseur, NC Aug 26-27th

Started by Pelon, August 28, 2017, 11:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pelon

What a great weekend with wonderful weather to boot.  We had a great bunch of shooters ranging from 11 years old to their sixties.  Everyone was excited to be there and ready to learn.  We had 15 shooters in the group and ended up with 5 Riflemen.  3 were new Riflemen and 2 re-quals (one did it with his bolt gun this time).  Everyone did really well and a couple were very close to scoring and I'm sure next time they will.  If any of you have pictures pls post them here.

Congrats to the following Riflemen:

Franklin S. with a 220
Darrell B. with a 213
Tim D. with a 214

Karl S with a 235 re-qual
Issac with a 226 re-qual on a bolt gun.

Hope to see you all again soon!
Pelon

machanic

Back in 2009 I attended a appleseed rifle training shoot in California, it was a great way to learn stance, sling work and trigger pull with the M1 that I just got. I did not make rifleman that time, I had not shot much up in till then but I sure did that day going though a entire USGI spam can of 30.06. My wife and I attended the Ramseur training event on the 26-27 and we both wish to thank all the volunteers there who helped us on the back field and the line learn the steps to proper shooting. The revolutionary war back story's were a bonus as well. It might seem odd to some there that I was shooting the 5.56 to qualify with, but I believe in training with what you will use if the time ever comes and this great country needs you. In closing thanks to the shoot boss, the red and orange hats and the applecore team.

El_Capitan

I first attended an Appleseed event in September 2016. I almost qualified that time (best I did was a 202). Since then I've been practicing at my local range and was happy to see that the effort paid off and qualified on Saturday's first AQT. I was bummed I couldn't make it back out on Sunday, though. I'd like to attend the RBC next spring and continue learning and improving.

I'd like to thank the shoot boss and all the red and orange hats for their invaluable help and their  dedication to the Appleseed Project.