News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Wears Valley Ranch 25-26AUG17

Started by Guardian, August 26, 2017, 10:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian

We had a great group of shooters turn out for the event at Wears Valley Ranch (WVR) this weekend! As usual, WVR was a gracious host; going so far as to provide two attendees.  O0

Jim Wood opened the event for us, welcoming us to the facility. Then we got started with the Appleseed welcome and safety briefings. Following that, we turned on the firehose and began to soak up all we could of the information on Liberty, heritage, and marksmanship. The pace was suited to the group, all but one being a first time Appleseeder!  ^:)^

We spent Friday getting the basic of prone and seated positions nailed down, as well as the integrated act of firing the shot, reading our targets, and making sight adjustments. We also heard the three strikes of the match and heard many quotes of the Founding Generation. We ended the day tired, but in great spirits.

Saturday was a brief review of what we covered Friday followed by even more new information. By the afternoon, we tried out our skills on an AQT. We also heard about the Founding Generation's ideas on Liberty!

Our 12 shooters ranged from 9 to 55 and most are early in their shooting careers. However, marked improvement was observed from all, as shown by the Hits Count target results! Over half the group was 18 or younger, and it does the Instructors good to see our future enjoying their unique American heritage!

All of our participants have much to be proud of! It was great to see three families on the line sharing time with us and each other! I hope to see you all at another event.

Remember to dry fire by the numbers. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

:pics:
I'll try to get mine posted shortly, but if you have some, feel free to post them.

Guardian

Hardbean

It's always a treat to visit Wears Valley Ranch.  I only got to help out on Friday but we made alot of progress with the new shooters.  I hope we get to see them again soon so we can hand out some patches!

Ramblin' Wreck

Looks like another great event at WVR. I note you had a young man on the line named "Crash". It would have been interesting to have "Wreck" and "Crash" at the same event. Maybe next time.  O0

Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

DrJohn

Wonderful group of mostly first time Appleseed students. Attentive, persistent, and enthusiastic. Nice to have so many young students, especially. The most gratifying moments for me was seeing the sparkle in the eyes when history and the philosophy of Liberty was discussed. Huzza, all, and may Liberty increase forever!
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....