News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Racine, WI Known Distance Aug 19-20 >> out to 500 yards

Started by BrightSparc, August 23, 2017, 11:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrightSparc

KD Qualified:

Peter B. [TrapperPete] >> first AQT of the weekend & took an Orange Hat
Caleb H.
Michelle M. [hawk eye]
Bobby H. [MCL1009]

A great group - very safe.

BrightSparc

The weather was perfect.  70's, little wind and slightly overcast.  Completely different group than last KD.  Everyone zero'd their rifles on the 25M range.  Last time, only one.  Everyone used 223/556 to qualify.  Last time, almost exclusively .30 cal.

Special thanks to Doc Holiday for pulling targets!!

Suck Less 7.62

70's!? More like 80's and thick. Still a great event. Really great group of people and an excellent Shoot Boss and Doc was great. Hey! Does this rifle make me look fat? No. It's just my face! Lol!!

TrapperPete

great shoot
the target truck said  84 , but it felt warmer in the sun.
the wind was mostly light , good for shooting bad for sweating.

Michele M is a great shooter had an impressive run on steel for the Q&D-AQT and Caleb H was doing very well for all the borrowed rifles he was using you would have never know by his targets he was on all borrowed rifles he had never shot before.

Bobby it might be the 2 MRE lunch and not the rifle.

thanks  Doc for working the pit , having numbers on each hit really helped put good data together.

had a blast back at 500 in the shade late Saturday evening

would any of you believe I had never shot past 350 before in my life and even that was only once and some what unsuccessful trial and error to hit a milk jug other than that never over 200 and only a few times at 200.

the program works. build the skills at 25 and they all convert right over to full distance. then you just need a little data to know where to hold.

Headspace

Great event!  Thanks to BrightSparc and Doc for running the event.

Having a small group means lots of time to shoot plus lots of time to talk, compare notes, and make friends.

Ending day 1 on tiny steel targets at 500 was sooo much fun.

martin

It looks like a very fun event, I would love to come down and just be a student and shoot with you guys!
Well done to all!
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

DrRichP

Congratulations to all. I couldn't be more proud to see the amazing things Project Appleseed in Wisconsin is doing, and couldn't be more grateful to my friends like Brightsparc for really leading the way in southern Wisconsin!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy