News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CMP rim fire Sporter in Bunnel this weekend

Started by B.C., August 23, 2017, 07:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

Hello Northeast Florida, there is a CMP rim fire Sporter event at Flagler gun club this Saturday, here is a link:

http://flaglergunclub.com/node/2475

Cable_guy and I are going, join us if you can! It's a ton of fun and you'll have a great time, I gauanteeeeeeeeeee it!

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

DrRichP

Are you guys going to take all the trophies again?  ::)
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

TheMenace

I wish I could join you. Shoot straight and have fun!  :snipersmi
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

B.C.

Quote from: DrRichP on August 23, 2017, 08:13:48 PM
Are you guys going to take all the trophies again?  ::)

Perhaps. I'll post a report after the event, hopefully with a few pictures.

9mm4545

I am going to drag out my CMP RF legal .22 and give it a go again. All the cool kids will be there! There will be GUNS! and SHOOTING! Be there or be square.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

TomM1Thumb

Is there a link to down loadable and Printable Target for this event?
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

9mm4545

You can order targets from the CMP E-store; I have not been able to find any downloadable targets yet in my brief search. The scoring is generous and the course of fire will seem very familiar to Appleseeders. This is a club level non-sanctioned match, which means the whole atmosphere is very relaxed and welcoming to newcomers. The CMP rules for this type of match include a rifle weight of no more than 7.5 pounds, including the sights or optics and one empty mag. The trigger must break at 3 lbs. or more. No adjustable stocks, cheekpieces, bipods, sling swivel rails, etc. No competition shooting jackets or gloves. No use of the sling in the offhand positions. If a scope is used, it is not to be over 6 power. All of these rules may be bent for a club level match as the scores are only for bragging rights and no trophies, cash prizes, or CMP recognition is given. I have an extra CMP legal 10/22 if anyone wants to try it and doesn't have a rifle.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

B.C.

3 instructors shot in the event and took the 3 high scores! Wow, it was fun!!!

DrRichP

Quote from: DrRichP on August 23, 2017, 08:13:48 PMAre you guys going to take all the trophies again?  ::)

Quote from: B.C. on August 26, 2017, 02:40:27 PM3 instructors shot in the event and took the 3 high scores! Wow, it was fun!!!

I knew that was going to happen.  ;D  O0 Now let's hope they don't complain that the Appleseed guys show up and take all their trophies. !@#)

Congratulations guys!

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Nashville Stage

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."