News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Possible Range - DFW Area

Started by scuzzy, August 23, 2017, 11:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Hey DFW area people - please see the email I've pasted below. This is just the first of several. Who is up to meeting with these people and possibly getting something going again in DFW? Also note - these ARE NOT the previous people from Quail Creek although related. I had expressed some concerns with problems we had previously and was assured that would not be the case this time.

PM me for details and let's get this going.

Here's the email:

I work for Quail Creek Shooting Range in Northlake TX.  Have been asked to gather information on the program.  Looking for information on starting or holding Appleseed shoots at our range.  Please let me know what the requirements are or who I need to talk to.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

PaleRider

Scuzzy,
You or Ghostring need to talk with FloydF about this range. We used to shoot there, and I worked with Floyd up there on a shoot. I believe there was a reason we didn't continue shooting there.
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

AF5US

Tim,

Thanks for your input on this. 

I volunteered to help out with this a little bit, since I live in North Texas and am relatively close to the range.

I've spoken with both Kirby and Floyd, and together we've identified some next steps and some things to watch out for.  We're going to start a little slow, because we don't want to cannibalize students or instructors from the Waco range and because there's a bit of a history with this range.  We'll give it the old Appleseed try, and see how it goes.

PM me if you're curious for more details, or we can catch up over coffee at the KD shoot next month.

-Jason
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)