News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tusco, New Philidelphia, Ohio 8/19-20/2017

Started by Charles McKinley, August 20, 2017, 08:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles McKinley

THANK YOU! To Tusco Rifle Club for opening there wonderful club to Appleseed.

Four Americans came out to learn more about their heritage and marksmanship.

One new Rifleman was forged and then improved upon his score.  ChipnDale came out to polish his skills Sunday and requalified.

More to come.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Corvette

Sounds like a great event.  Looking forward to the AAR
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Ironman762

Hey Chuck,  This is Frank.   I have the recoil pad of yours from the event.  Thanks for letting me borrow it.  I didn't mean to forget to give it back.  I can send it to you in the mail or bring it to the November KD shoot.  Let me know.

Thanks for running the shoot.  It's always a good time.

Texas T

A few photos of our event. If you have more, please feel free to post them, because  :pics:
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

We started the day with some instruction, then hit the line for some practice in prone...
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Before we knew it, we needed to stop for lunch, but not wanting to lose any momentum, we heard about some of the history of April 19...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Before we knew it, we needed to stop for lunch, but not wanting to lose any momentum, we heard about some of the history of April 19...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

After lunch, we had a chance to learn the seated position...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Shortly after lunch, a storm rolled through, wiping the targets off the line. Fortunately, the clips survived...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Sunday provided a clear day for taking on the AQT...and another shooter joined the line

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

By the end of the day, some instructors even got some target time...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Thanks to Tusco for hosting such a great event.

MI IBC, February 2017

Nashville Stage

That's a nice range!
Congrats to the new Rifleman.  :F
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Texas T

And the next range over can handle 600 yards, great for KD!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

cwcdl79

Great time at Tusco rifle club in New Philadelphia this weekend! Sunshine all weekend (well, some was a little more liquid, not like the rain was horizontal and soaked a covered firing line  ;D )! Thanks to John, Frank, and Lisa for coming out, it was a pleasure working with each of you.

Charles McKinley

Nashville,

This is my favorite club I have been to!  The club treats us very well and they are FRIENDLY.

We have to get the numbers up.  That line can handle 30+. 

The targets in the back are at 272 yards and the black ones are at 182 yards.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

JustaShooter

Quote from: Charles McKinley on August 22, 2017, 11:11:39 PM
We have to get the numbers up.  That line can handle 30+. 

You were fighting the Great American Eclipse.  Lots of people headed out of Ohio for locations West and / or South to see the total solar eclipse.  Tusco normally attracts a pretty full line.
Christian, Husband, Father
Rifleman

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Rifle & Pistol Instructor

Charles McKinley

Sorry, JustaShooter the numbers at Tusco have been 12-15 the shoots I've worked the last couple years.  These numbers are way under what they could be.

Chuck

Ironman762

I passed out pamphlets at work.   Hoping to get more first timers.