News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bunnell, FL 8-19, 2017 - One Day Event

Started by B.C., August 19, 2017, 09:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

Wow, what a wonderful event in beautiful sunny Florida! My fellow instructors and I were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to share our fiery passion for liberty, heritage and marksmanship with five top notch students at this one day event in Bunnell at the Flagler Gun club. Suffice to say it was the best of times and we had the best folks to be found anywhere, students and instructors alike. We turned on the fire hose of instruction to full power Saturday AM and the students soaked it all up eagerly and with such steadfast heartiness it was simply amazing to watch and be a part of. This one was of those events that only come around every so often, my crude words can only scratch the surface attempting to explain how great and gracious the students were. Simply put: we laid out the instruction and the lights went on, big time. Three of the five first time students walked away with the coveted cloth of persistence we call the rifleman patch, it was an honor for me to hand it over to them. Congratulations to three of Florida's newest riflemen, well done! Everyone improved greatly as the day went forward, and we were all in good spirits with million mile wide smiles. The three strikes that were presented were all fantastic and I never tire of hearing the story, it gave us all pause for a moment to reflect back on the hard choices the founders made so that we can all enjoy the liberty we live in today. In my reflection I silently give thanks to those men and women who laid it all out on the line under penalty of death to live free. I wonder what they would say about us 200+ years later telling their heroic tale of the everyday American standing up for whats just and right. Would they still say that these are times that try men's souls? While we ponder on that question I will end that at this event a tireless minority did indeed ignite a brush fire of freedom in the minds of men. This is our birthright and we will keep it! Enjoy the few pictures I took below..........................until next time my fellow countrymen.
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

9mm4545

I think it remarkable that 3/5's of the class qualified with a 210 or better during conditions that could only be described as miserably hot and humid. The fans and shade helped considerably but there was still much sweat and persistence on display. Every shoot should go so smoothly!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Lucky Lori

Congratulations  on  such  a great result  with such hot  conditions .  Congratulations  to all instructors who worked hard and sweat it out  and students  who stuck through  ii  and  improved  and  those who  scored rifleman.  Huzah .

JustKim

Looks like ya'll had a great event!  Congrats to the new Riflemen, and Chris - that green hat sure looks good on you!  CONGRATS on another great Appleseed shoot!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Savage22

Three out of five??? Huzzaahhhhh

Hats off to all of you for your hard work.... students and instructors.

They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power.
― Patrick Henry

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

rambo granny

A really rewarding shoot. Having much one on one instruction reinforcing the rapidly presented, but excellent modules really rocks, especially with ALL students exhibiting awesome teachable attitudes.  ^:)^ It is a recipe for success for the students & richly rewarded instructors. Worth every stream of sweat!
Loved the 2 very motivated teenagers. O0 Wow if more youth were like them, it would be a truly better country.
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

Texas T

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017