News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Potential Range - Hollister

Started by scuzzy, August 11, 2017, 11:28:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

I received an email pasted below. Anybody there in CA want to take this on? Send me a PM for contact info.

Hello,
I am interested in the process of starting a appleseed program in my area ( Hollister CA). I am prior service US Marine and have been shooting for nearly my whole life. I truly enjoy passing on knowledge and enjoy receiving knowledge as well. Hope to hear from you folks and look forward to bring Marksmanship to my area.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Cal 7.62

If it wasn't so far away, I'd consider it.
I think this is more in Krahnic's AO. 
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

scuzzy

Quote from: Cal 7.62 on August 12, 2017, 08:37:03 PM
If it wasn't so far away, I'd consider it.
I think this is more in Krahnic's AO.

I offered him a free ticket. Told him the best way to get involved would be to go to a shoot and meet the instructors.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

mostly harmless

Having a Appleseed in Hollister would be great, seeing how it's a bit closer to the SF bay area than Sacramento (at least for me).

What needs to be done to make it possible?

Krahnic

If the guy is willing to come to the Fresno shots and work his way up the ranks that is fine with me.  We can always use the help.  So, go ahead and offer the free ticket.

Just an FYI, I am probably going to start cutting back Appleseed events in the Fresno area.  As a recent home owner weekends are more valuable to me now, and it seems that interest in the Fresno area is not what it use to be.  Help is also getting hard to find, especially since Garand56 got tired of Commiefornia and left.  But, I am willing to help others if need be.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - Ronald Reagan