News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning New Philly, Aug 19 & 20, 2017

Started by Corvette, August 07, 2017, 12:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Planning thread for the shoot in two weeks.

Corvettte
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

cwcdl79

I plan on getting down there around 6-7pm Friday evening.
Dinner in/out? I'm game for either. happy to bring a dish to pass.
Would like to do ALL history for the weekend for PC4. (did 1st strike, but for the sake of keeping continuity, would like to run through all) unless someone else has a burning desire.
Have 1 loaner if needed.
Let me know if there's anything else needed to bring. Like giant sheets of cardboard for people who can't see their group on 2 aqt's side by side (not pointing two big thumbs back at this guy, noooo)....

Charles McKinley

I'm working a ton of over time.  If you have any questions please send me a PM and I'll reply with my cell number.

I'm Shootboss for the weekend.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Ricochet Rabbit

I'll be there Friday by 7 as well, and will be tent camping both nights.
I will have at least one loaner.
I will prepare to teach IMC, KD, and the sling, and also try to be limbered up enough for modelling.
I'd like to do the PC from IIT1 to IIT2, so, unfortunately, I'll have to LB at some point.
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption
of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the
Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage

cwcdl79

I can supply mat and demo rifle  (no laser).

Texas T

As to meal plans, I'll be eating before I arrive on Friday. The range club usually provides lunch on Saturday, and they usually prepare enough to cover Sunday as well. If they don't (we seem to have a pretty small group this time), there are several options to grab something in town (Walmart is open late, and has a Subway or something similar). Last time, we hit the BBQ place for dinner on Saturday night, and the time before, we hit the Mexican place that is next door. Either one works for me, if we want to just go out and not worry about bringing or preparing anything.

I'll have things for breakfast sandwiches both days, and we usually cook up in the trap house.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Charles McKinley

Hi All,

Corvette have you been able to talk to Colt about the key?

So, history is taken care of, good.

St8, why is it unfortunate that you have to be line boss?  Pay attention to what is down range, watched the shooters, read the script and RELAX.  We are all here to help each other and have a safe and enjoyable weekend.  Do you have a cheat sheet with the line commands?

I would rather just eat out or I can just grab fried chicken or something to share at Walmart as this is going to be a really rushed trip for me.

See you all soon.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Ricochet Rabbit

Lol, not nervous about doing it, just prefer instructing on the line It's very rewarding to help people directly with their shooting, and LB is somewhat removed from that. Somebody's gotta do it though. But yeah, I read from cards to make sure I don't screw it up and it is verbatim.
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage

cwcdl79

There's enough of us, we can share on duties. And I vote for Mexican, tasty, quick, and cheap...

Texas T

Mexican sounds good.

Chuck, do you know if the range will be providing lunch (by donation), or should we plan to bring something? In the past, they have cooked, and there has been enough for both days, but the groups have been much larger. Don't know if it will be worth their time for such a small group. The last time I looked, there were only six shooters signed up.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

MI IBC, February 2017

Charles McKinley

I don't know about lunch.  Corvette was to contact Colt at the range but I haven't heard from him.  I would plan on something light for lunch just incase they aren't doing lunch.

Yes, unless something happens this will be a small shoot.  It is a shame as this is a great range.

Chuck

Texas T

When are you planning on arriving/setting up? I'll be there late Friday afternoon and will plan to pick up a Subway sandwich for lunch.

MI IBC, February 2017

Charles McKinley

We are going to D-day Ohio Friday.  I won't be there until late Friday.

I'm running a snow fence line.

Any questions just ask.

CM

cwcdl79

Tom/Mark,  I plan on going to hog heaven for dinner friday, somewhere around 5:30ish if you guys wanted to grab a bite

Texas T

Works for me. I don't know what time Chuck will be there with the key to the trap house, sounds like it might be a little later. I'll be hitting the range first, when I get there, to at least drop off the trailer. If I'm early enough, I might even get it set up before dinner.

MI IBC, February 2017

KenGilcrest

I am signed up for the shoot this weekend. However, I am not going to be able to make it. Turns out I have to work. I signed up for this thing like six months ago and rolled the dice that I would be off; but it wasn't to be.  The small group just got smaller. I am sorry to miss it.

Ricochet Rabbit

It's about a 2 hour drive for me and I won't likely get on the road til about 5, so I'll just grab something on the way.

Nashville Stage

Quote from: KenGilcrest on August 16, 2017, 10:59:49 PM
I am signed up for the shoot this weekend. However, I am not going to be able to make it. Turns out I have to work.

Hey KenGilcrest,

FYI: Whenever you need to modify or remove yourself from an event that you've signed up for, simply send a message to "Instructor Scheduling" with your request, as well as the date & location of the event. They'll take care of you.

Since I happen to work as part of the instructor scheduling crew, I'll go ahead & remove you from the event. You can send me cookies later.  O0
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Charles McKinley

Hi All,

I will be at the range around 6:00 if that is good for the keeper of the keys.  I'll let you know if there are changes.

Chuck

cwcdl79

want to meet Tom and I for dinner around 5:30?