News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2017 D-Day Conneaut, OH

Started by Birdman, May 08, 2017, 04:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdman

To all,
A place has been secured for a Project Appleseed tent at this years D-Day Re-enactment. Hopefully many of you can attend, either to work the tent or just see everything there is to see. Ask anybody who have been to past events, they are great!. The D-Day committee does a very good job putting this on, and do it in a way to best honor our few remaining WWII veterans.
The date this year is August 17-19. The big battle is on the 19th, but some battles are on the 18th as well.
Here is a link to this year's event:
http://www.ddayohio.us/

Back this year:
Free Higgins Boat rides
Firing German 88mm
Flame thrower demonstration
Artillery and tanks
Mortar demonstrations
Tank battle
Probably close to 1500 re-enactors

Corvette

Birdman,

Plan that I will work the booth again unless I have a conflict. Let's coordinate on the Army video clips that we will show in the booth. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

To all Ohio Instructors,

I would encourage all of you to consider volunteering to help at the booth at this event.  If you have any interest in WWII history, this will be a special event for you. This is an amazing event. You really feel that it is 1944 and D-Day is about to happen. Post in this thread if you plan to help at this event.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Charles McKinley

I will help by covering New Philadelphia that weekend so others may enjoy Birdman's hospitality and this ABSOLUTLY INSERT EXPLITATIVE HERE AWESOME EVENT!!!!!

Yes, it is that good.  I have been there with my family every year since 2012 I believe.  It somehow gets better each year.

If you miss this event you truely are cheating yourselves.  There is no cheaper weekend out there.  It is ran buy donation so please help out with what you can.  If Disney et al. we're running this it would be a $100+ ticket.

The dedication, time and money spent by the volunteers at this event make it wonderful and all possible.  (Sound familiar?)

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Birdman

Corvette,
I like your flat screen TV idea. We must do that. Instead of separate movies perhaps I can edit them into one. I have a 42" and a 27". What are your thoughts?

Corvette

Birdman,

Anything that we can run the DOD instructional video's on will be good.  As the event gets closer, we can work on the details.  We should be able to come up with some details that engage us more into the theme of the event.

Corvette

Crazyduckhunter

I will definitely be there on Saturday for this event. Would not miss this. Birdman? Let me know if you need a hand setting up. Also what time will you be arriving on Saturday am?

Birdman

Ron, I will be setting up Thursday Morning, probably about 8 or 9am. I will be there Friday about 8am also. Saturday the same.
I think Corvette will be there sometime Thursday, camping in my back yard Thurs and Fri evening.
I made one long movie out of the 4 to 5 WWII training movies using MovieMaker . It was over 2gb, but it works fine on my TV using my ROKU device with the USB port.
Joe was going to get a 40in TV to me somehow. I will take my 27" to get things going Thursday morning.

Charles McKinley

See yinz Friday.  Working New Philly shoot Sat-Sun.

If your not sure about this event see my post above.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Birdman

Glad you could make it Chuck! Any kiddos coming? Need Redcoats....

Crazyduckhunter

You will have the large tv at the latest wednesday evening then. I have to work so will not be able to be there until sat am.

Crazyduckhunter

What an amazing day today at the D-Day Ohio event in Conneaut, Ohio. If you have not attended this event before well, your missing out on seeing a great piece of our shared history and heritage. The reenactors, the camps, the veterans(what can I say about them?), the rifles, the crowds of people attending this event.........it was all wonderful.
A great big thanks to Birdman for arranging a site every year for the promotion of Appleseed. We spoke to many interested people that will hopefully attend a AS event in the future. Many trifolds, chamber flags and trigger training devices were given out to all. Having three rifles on the table  and directly across from where the M1 was being raffled was a bonus.

See everyone there next year.