News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Puryear, TN, July 29-30

Started by dond, July 31, 2017, 03:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Wow! What a weekend! The hot humid weather broke to give us a beautiful two day event. Six eager attendees arrived to learn more about marksmanship. Only one of these had attended an Appleseed before and he re-qualified as a Rifleman. All of the shooters listened well and progressed quickly, probably more quickly than any group I've worked with before. One of the new ones earned his Rifleman Patch on the first AQT. One of the other new ones had never shot a rifle before but was shooting 4 MOA by the third one inch square. Unfortunately he was stricken with a migraine headache and had to leave before we shot the first AQT. Furthermore he also had to leave because of another migraine attack before the shooting began on the second day, so he never had the chance to shoot an AQT.  :'(  However, all of the remaining shooters, except one, did shoot their Rifleman Scores and these scores ranged from 211 to 230.  :~  And the one who failed to shoot the Score shot a 207 and a 208. He will return. In addition, one of the IITs wives volunteered to don a Blue Hat! She has attended previous events and plans to become an Orange Hat when she shoots the Rifleman's Score, which shouldn't take long. So it was indeed a beautiful and productive weekend.  O0  Pictures are to follow.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

DDOC

I had the best time at this Appleseed hosted by Don D. he is a great instructor. I always thought I was a good shot but after Don's teachings I became so much of a better shooter then I ever imagined. I will be attending future shoots with him.
Thanks again Don   :)  :~
P.S. somebody please post pictures.  :F

Oakley 270

Sorry,  I am having technical difficulties posting the pictures.   I will hopefully have them up soon.

Old Navy Doc

I have to echo DDOC. You received the most incredible instruction from one of the most experienced teachers I have ever learned from. Cherish your experience. I know I do.
First AS: Ramseur 2/09
Rifleman: Charlotte 11/14
Orange Hat: Calera 1/15
KD Rifleman: Puryear 5/15
Red Hat: Sevierville  11/16
Rimfire KD: Huntsville 12/20
Pistoleerâ„¢: Huntsville 2/21

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."  Plato