News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Creek, OR July 2017 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, July 12, 2017, 08:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Going to be warn this weekend. Still plenty of room on the line for last minute walk-ons.

Kimber Custom

15 shooters came to the line this weekend. 3 new Riflemen were forged and 2 re-certified their skills. Mike was shot the high score of the weekend with a 243  :bow: Zach pulled an impressive 227 on the last AQT to earn his patch  O0 Kim and Missy proved they are Well Armed Women both earning patches.

Equipment problems caused some heart burn but a Riflemen persists!

Josh and Evan were shooting in the 180's/190's with irons but couldn't quite get over the line this time. A little more practice with NPOA and front sight training will get them a patch next time.

Frankie and his family came to the line sporting their matching pink Appleseed shirts  :) Glad we finally got to meet Michelle.

Nathan did well shooting a gun for the first time. He will make a fine Marine.

Here are some pictures I took. I trust instructors will post the Rifleman pictures shortly. https://photos.app.goo.gl/vJc7z2ojBdZ2vwD93

See on you on the line

scuzzy

Y'all must have done an outstanding job - here's an email I got today from Kim B.:

I attended a Project Appleseed event over the past weekend.  The shoot boss was Ben Edman and the instructors were Jane Ross and I think his name was John.

I have to commend you all for the work you do to make an event like this.  These people were amazing instructors, the safety was top notch, and the history lessons were interesting and educational.   I learned so much and was able to refine a bad habit or two and learn a few new things. 

I think this is such an awesome event and I will definitely promote it to all I can.   I cannot say enough good about the experience I had last weekend.  Your coaches worked with me and I actually received the Rifleman patch on the second day (the first day I missed it by 6 points).  I couldn't have done it without the support and help from your amazing coaches.

Thank you for all you do!

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

janer

Congratulations new riflemen Kim, Missy and Zach.

(I have no idea why they posted that way, I'll see if I can fix it)