News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Dundee, MI July 8-9 2017

Started by 3.Dogs, July 11, 2017, 01:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3.Dogs

Another great weekend at the Dundee Sportsman's Club.  The weather for the weekend couldn't have been better, nice bright sunny days.  Saturday started with 13 shooters all walking the road to becoming marksmen.  The weekend was challenging for each as we turned on the fire hose and offered a drink.  Throughout the weekend we started to see the efforts everyone made in applying each step in the instruction.  Groups started to shrink and by the final red coat I saw some fantastic examples of NPOA.  I encourage everyone to continue to practice the lessons from this weekend and come on back to another Appleseed to have another go at the AQT.  I know every single one of you can reach that Riflemans score.  I cant say enough of how great a group all of you are.  Some of the best people I have met have been at Appleseeds and this event was no different.  All of you make Appleseed special.  Once again I have to say Thank you to all of you.

Congratulations again to Dennis for his shooting another Riflemans score on the Saturday AQT. 

Congratulations to Dave on shooting a Riflemans score on every AQT on Sunday.

I would also like to thank the Dundee Sportsman's Club for holding this event. This was the second event I have had the pleasure of running at your range.  It is a great facility and the amount of support from members of the club makes our events truly special.  I look forward to have more events in Dundee because your members are an inspiration.

I would also like to thank my instructors DragonMedic and ESquared.  You guys did a great job and I look forward to working with both of you in the future.
"Maybe we should call Burbs." - SteelThunder

Gage

My Second Appleseed.  And it was great.
Invited friends this time around.  Great weather, great history, and tons of shooting and learning. 

The Appleseed leaders Three Dogs and DragonMedic and E-Squared all did excellent work explaining the process of Marksman and all kept a keen eye on safety: especially E-Squared! 

The only thing missing was..... nabbing the Patch. 

Gage

And after an Appleseed event you will need to give your gun a thorough cleaning... 

So I ran across this rather interesting video putting a host of gun oils and lubes through an ASTM test:

ASTM B117 Salt Spray Corrosion Test on 20 Metal Cleaning, Lubrication, and Protection Products
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eJSLPLpF5U

Note - 'Rem Oil' performed the worst, failed as badly as the untreated control steel.  An oil called EEZOX came out on top.