News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Laramie Rifle Range Wyoming 24/25 June 2017

Started by M1bzrk, June 26, 2017, 02:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

What a great weekend!
Close to ideal weather for Wyoming - minor wind gusts which helped keep mosquitos at bay.
Folks came prepared, listened to instruction and soon had their rifles sighted in and shot a lot of AQTs.
We only had 7 shooters, but they did well:
Rex requalified with "only" a 248.
Garret (age 12) at his first Appleseed shot 215 on Saturday!
Jacob also at his first AS, switched from a red dot on a 22 to his AR and shot a 212.
Broc and Ryan also shot 214 and 216 respectively.
Ryan J. did very well, shooting a high of 195 at his first AS.
And Bryan did not requalify, but came danged close with a stock AK!
Everyone was extremely safety conscious. It was a real pleasure to have such safe and receptive attendees.
Also a pleasure to have such capable cadre: Sleepy, raggedyedge, Mr. Aufbau, rocket (who appropriately flew in) and our Regional Coordinator colonial shooter.  Thank you all.
Thanks of course to Laramie Rifle Range and specifically to Brian, Tom, Glenn and Rex for their support.
Especial thanks to Rex and his crew at WyoTech for the awesome target backers.

colonial shooter

There was truely a great group of patriots in attendance this weekend. I was glad to see the staff present and want to welcome Ragedy Edge back to WY (at least for the summer). 5 out of 7 (70%) is a great percentage for the weekend. I heard a rumor that there might actually be some future orange hats in this group. Thanks for coming out and sharing with us, as we continue to bail out the sinking boat!
I am looking for some pics, as I know that there were some taken.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Texas T

Congrats to all of the new riflemen!! Think about the next step, sharing what you have learned. Consider taking a hat. I promise that you will find the investment in time pays back more than you can begin to imagine.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Mr. Aufbau

Excellent weekend! Here are some excellent photos to match.
"Crackheads hustle for straight days to get a rock. No sleep or food. You ever work that hard for something? Don't get outworked by a crackhead."

colonial shooter

Very nice!!
The stance to counter Wyoming wind!!
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana