News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Niles, MI, June 24, 2017

Started by Oz, June 23, 2017, 07:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

Wow, what a great day at Niles yesterday!  Five wonderful students, six adorable instructors, and a picture-perfect day!

We had everything.  Two students who had never held a rifle before, and three previous Appleseeders who were back looking to build on what they'd already learned!

Sarah and Alyssa, it was great to see you learn how to handle rifles safely, and have fun doing it!  I hope you take what you learned and build on it; this is an activity for a lifetime.  I know you know an instructor whose back yard is always available and would love to see you!

Nathan, Brian and Bradley, you came back to keep improving your skills.  Wow!  Nathan, going from the 140s at your first event to a 204 and 206!  Brian, going from the 150s to a 199 & 200!  Fantastic!  Those scores are truly just one round away from a Rifleman score.  I have no question that with a few more AQTs you would have gone home with patches.  Bradley, it was great to see you continue to improve; you see that persistence pays off and I know you have the ability to get there as well! 

Special thank yous to our youth shooters, Bradley and Alyssa: we love to see young people become involved.  Marksmanship and civic responsibility are things that will serve you well throughout your life.   

You all hung in there and even got to experience the Rapid Fire AQT! 

Thank you to my instructor crew, Tigger, merlin33, Captain America, Sir Kay, and Pepper Spray.  You're the best.

Now, I know there are some photos out there.  Let's post 'em!

I look forward to seeing you all on the line again! 

Oz
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Oz

"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."