News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Azusa, CA One Day Appleseed, 17 June 2017

Started by Rocket Man, June 19, 2017, 02:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Man

Nothing burns like the fires of Liberty.  But a close second is a Mojave box canyon in Summertime.   :1luvu  Yes, it's that time again, Appleseed at Burro Canyon.

For this month's class we were joined by ten stalwarts fearing no heat, six men and four women, mostly new and some who'd been a time or two.  Had some nice Seventh Stepping going on as past students had brought new friends.  We also had a rare sighting of a real Appleseed OG, as brother Kool-Aid joined us unexpectedly, bringing with him some very welcome portable shade and a burning desire to perforate some paper.   :snipersmi

Things went pretty darn smooth if I may say so.  We got off to a nice start, worked through some early morning sight-in math and got good hits on paper ahead of schedule.  Folks were so nice and helpful at this one -- maybe even a little too helpful, as we did have some target-sharing going on!  But hits were scored nonetheless, just...  try to keep 'em straight if you can.   ;)

Trying to cram the whole class into a single day is a marathon, but we got it done.  All the same I think folks were relieved to break for lunch, and hear the tale of our nation's real birthday, just in time for the 4th of July around the corner.  We also left with a newfound appreciation for the skills of Daniel Morgan and the other colonial Riflemen.

Only got in a single AQT this time, which is about how it goes for a one-day class.  No new Riflemen this time but I tell you, it isn't going to be long.  Craig had a Rifleman score going until his rifle pooped out, wouldn't you know it...  Ronald was fighting his red-dot but put together some very nice stages, easily in the hunt.  And Maria spooked her husband with a 46/50 on the crucial Stage 4, and it looked even better than the numbers would suggest.  A couple more tries, a little more luck with equipment, and it'll happen.   O0

That's one more in the books, and we'll be doing it all again after Summer vacations wind down.  Lots of time to practice in the meanwhile.  I'd better get those patches ready.  Thanks to all who turned out, nowhere I'd rather be than in the company of my countrymen.

So... how was YOUR weekend?   :cool2:
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)