News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elverson, PA - 2017Jun10

Started by mal, June 14, 2017, 10:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

Whoo'eee.  It was a hot one this past weekend.  At it's peek we were but 3-4 degrees shy of an InfernalSeed.  Saturday was muggy with temps in the low 90s, sending one attendee home with heat exhaustion.  It dried out just a tiny bit on Sunday, but temps climbed to 96+.  We tried stressing hydration & urination each morning and throughout the day.  Gotta pay attention to how much is going in and how much is (or isn't!) coming out!  Proper hydration starts a day or more BEFORE being exposed to these conditions all day, so drink up before you show up!  And I don't mean a martini!  $$-0

OK, Public Service Announcement out of the way...   :sb:

I want to thank all those who made it this weekend, both attendees and instructors.  It was a little rough, but we all made it through, and learned something I hope!  We didn't manage to turn out any Riflemen, nor a cleaned redcoat :-(  I think the challenge of dealing with the sauna-like conditions, scalding mats, scorching hot brass (Shawn!  Pants!) was enough to perturb the focus of most.  We had only 8 attendees on Satuday, which dropped to 5 Sunday morning, and finalizing with only 3 desiring to shoot the final redcoat Sunday afternoon.  We ended up calling it a day a bit before 3pm, though Trey and perhaps Sam were wanting to keep going.  Ahh, to be young again... 

Save same ammo and use those mini targets to practice with some dry firing at home.  It works! 

Thank you Jeff, for the ammo donation!  It is greatly appreciated! 

Pics below.  Feel free to post your own!

Take care and God bless.

mal
~

~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Pic 1:  JamesT awarding the youth patch to Trey (left) and his son Sam (right).
Pic 2: Sam
Pic 3: Trey
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Pics 1 & 2:  Marcie cross-leg - you can learn from those pics
Pic 3: Jeff cross-leg - his too!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Shots of the line
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

JamesT teachin'.  Attendee's learnin'.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Instructor crew; heat got to us as well.  By Sunday afternoon, I'll admit, we did more standing around than usual. 
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams