News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sturgis, MI June 16-17, 2017

Started by Rascal21, June 14, 2017, 12:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal21

Photos are up! I can't get them to upload here so I have put them on PhotoBucket. To protect Integrity it is password protected.

PW is Sturgis

http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/Rascal21/library/Sturgis%20June%202017

Graywolf

We had a hot time in Sturgis, MI. on June 16 17!  Temps got to 90 and the humidity was just as high.  None-the-less 28 shooters came to the line and happily celebrated our heritage as Americans.

Congratulations to Marcus on his rifleman score (scored with a bolt action rifle no less).  Congrats also to Gary and Newell on their multiple requalifying scores.

The rest of our shooters made great improvements over the weekend and some were knocking on the door of a rifleman score by the time we came to a close.  I am certain they will get there soon.  Remember, guys, a rifleman persists!!  You will get it done!

Many thanks to the St. Joseph County Sportsman's and Conservation Club for hosting us.  The range is great and we love being there.  Thanks also to Newell Franks who did a lot of the local promotional work for us.  We could not have had the turn out without his help.  Well done!  Thank you also to all my instructors who took time on a Friday and Saturday to come and work the event.  You all are the best.

Now, I know pictures were taken so let's get them posted up!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Tigger

Good evening Sturgis shooters! I'm glad that I got to come back for at least the one day.
Thank you for having us back there.
I'm happy to see the persistence of our requalifying riflemen, our new rifleman Marcus, and familar  faces young and old on the line and in the circle of history.
A special thanks to Newell  is in order for providing ammunition, several of the centerfire rifles,  loaners, and hanging steel at 200 yards for the fun shoot.
:~  :--- :snipersmi :pop:
I only have a few pictures to attach, but I don't really need them because I'm sure I'll see all of you on the line again sometime!
"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."
C. S. Lewis  "On Stories: And Other Essays on Literature"

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

"The ultimate obscenity is not caring, not doing something about what you feel, not feeling."
Rod Serling