News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hernando Sportsman's Club, June 10-11, 2017

Started by Minutemom, June 13, 2017, 10:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minutemom

I must say that this was one of the most satisfying and fun events that I have ever worked.  With only eight students on the line, everyone was able to receive a good deal of individual attention.  The old saying less is more is certainly applicable here, as I never knew how efficient three instructors who work well together could be.  The oppressive humidity could not stop these shooters from making tremendous progress throughout the weekend. 

Huzzah for our young patriots Alyssa, Luke, and Austin!  All three of you showed such persistence and focus.  Gary, you've made such progress since the last shoot - keep up the dry fire practice and I know that rifleman score is right around the corner.  Greg, you also made impressive progress and showed a great deal of persistence.  I hope that you and Luke will come back again.  Robert, you were so patient and had such a teachable attitude, which showed in the improvements you made throughout the weekend.  Justin, you were heartbreakingly close with a 209!  I know that if you were able to return on Sunday you would have done it.
A special congratulations to father and son team Wes and Austin, who both scored rifleman on the last AQT of the day on Sunday!  Wes requalified with his .22 on Saturday, and scored on Sunday for the first time with a centerfire.  There is obviously rifleman blood in this family!

Kudos to Luke for clearing the last redcoat, with iron sights no less!

Hats off to PHenry and Three'oEight, who made this shoot such a success.  The two of you work so well together that you make it look and feel so easy.  PHenry, you were there when I needed you, and did so much invisibly to assure that the shoot went smoothly and things got done. 

And finally, thank you to my husband Sid who took over mom duties for the weekend so I could be at this amazing event!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Minutemom

More photos will be coming soon!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Minutemom

This is the last of them

Wes

What a great weekend. Proud to be there with my son Austin and see him earn his patch. That was a great day for both of us!

I really want to send a big thank you to all of the instructors. Minutemom, you ran a really smooth event. You, PHenry and Thee'oEight were all so helpful with the tips and guidance. I truly learn something new at every Appleseed I've attended.

Another thing about attending an Appleseed is the chance to meet and talk to some really good folks, and this one was no exception. While i did not have the chance to meet all attendees, it was good to get to know Gary, Greg, Luke and Robert. Hope to see all of you again at a future Appleseed. Please stay with it, as I know all of you will earn that patch. It's hard work, and frustrating at times(at least for me) but the end result is darn sure worth it. Also, Congrats to Luke on clearing that Redcoat. That is a feat to be proud of!  I have no doubts that you will soon  earn your patch.

And to Sid, it was good to see and talk to you again. Hope to see you soon at the Gainesville event.

Thanks again to all the instructors for a great Appleseed.
Wes

308LIBERTY

At one point, I looked over and father and son were doing NPOA shifts perfectly in sync. You guys make a great team. Huzzah!
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Wes

Haha, wish I had a video of that. Thanks again for the great instruction. Really appreciate it. Wes

PHenry

Twere a great event at a fine venue with wonderful folks. Only wish we could get more fine Americans to get off the couch for two days to honor the the tradition of marksmanship.  ~~:)

For therms unaware, this was Minutemom's final "SBIT" shift, or shoot boss in training. She was so good - nobody would have noticed and it will be my honor to put her up for full shoot boss. Look for great things from this one.
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata