News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leyden Rifle Club, Leyden MA 6/10-11/17

Started by goodpiper, June 12, 2017, 11:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodpiper

It was another beautiful weekend in Leyden. We had three eager shooters, all relative beginners. And while no one made Rifleman, good solid progress was made by all.

A big thanks to Ralph33, and Mph_VT for their hard work and insights. Mph_VT is working through his SBIT.

As always a big thanks to the Leyden Rifle Club for the use of their range, and Elwin for making it look great.

DINKIN

thanks so much for all of your help,  this was the most exhilarating fun and educational experience that I've ever engaged in everyone was such a helpful and great instructor I learned so much I feel a bit more confident and I feel much more knowledgeable about the history of our nation.

I can't wait to attend another one of these events I need to work more on my NPOA.

I'm having difficulty finding those ranges or clubs that mph_VT was talking about

Thank you thank you thank you so much you guys were all great instructors you spent the extra time that I need sometimes to completely understand a new process and thank you so much for helping me with my form and position and technique this is an amazing experience!
All People Seem To Need Data Processing

hobblekitty

I want to thank everyone for all of their kind help and assistance as I initially had only gone for moral support for Dinkin, and only decided to join at the last minute. I had never even held a rifle before, let alone shot one, it was hard work but I was so glad I did it and I am looking forward to continuing on and trying to get my badge. I never thought I would be good at shooting and honestly I think this experience has changed me for the better, an inspiration in ways that other things have not been. Time will tell I suppose. But I can't thank goodpiper, Ralph33, and Mph_VT enough for their kindness, compassion and encouragement. What a great event this turned out to be!

Mph_VT

It had been some time since I had visited an Appleseed at the Leyden Rifle club and the first time as an instructor.  As I drove in I remembered what a beautiful location it was. A beautiful location and a beautiful day. 

We had three persistent shooters, virtual beginners, who accepted the challenges and persevered. While no Rifleman scores there was consistent improvement through out.  Everyone exceeded my expectations.

I also found everyone enthusiastically engaged in the history and the Appleseed mission.

I've known Goodpiper since the my first Appleseed in 2010 and I've always enjoyed working with him. It was ever so good to meet Ralph33 and I hope to soon do it again.

It was a beautiful location, a beautiful day and beautiful people.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it.

Learned Hand

Sir, the gods of the valley are not the gods of the hills, and you shall understand it.             

Ethan Allen