News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Scout! A Range in Corpus Christi?

Started by POP, January 04, 2009, 03:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POP

Scout,

Fred asked for it.  Here it is.

Bill Starry, owner of Starry Range in Corpus Christi, off Yorktown Road on Oso Bay.

I spoke with Bill before Christmas about Appleseed.  He said sure come on out.  He has a number of ranges; pistol, 130 yd rifle (bench only), shotgun,  and several action ranges.  And another 25 yd range that appleseed can use just for us, burmed on 4 sides.  Perfect for about 30 shooters. 

Bill is ready to host an Appleseed.  Bill hosts events for Navy, Army, Marine, Coast Guard, local police and sheriff, and other competitions such as Western Quick Draw.  Some of these groups camp out at Starry.  I'm working on camping at my place also. And there are also plenty of close by hotels/motels.

So, what's next?  What does Appleseed need to do now?

POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

Scout

Quote from: 76 Respiratory POP on January 04, 2009, 03:55:54 PM
Scout,

Fred asked for it.  Here it is.

Bill Starry, owner of Starry Range in Corpus Christi, off Yorktown Road on Oso Bay.

I spoke with Bill before Christmas about Appleseed.  He said sure come on out.  He has a number of ranges; pistol, 130 yd rifle (bench only), shotgun,  and several action ranges.  And another 25 yd range that appleseed can use just for us, burmed on 4 sides.  Perfect for about 30 shooters. 

Bill is ready to host an Appleseed.  Bill hosts events for Navy, Army, Marine, Coast Guard, local police and sheriff, and other competitions such as Western Quick Draw.  Some of these groups camp out at Starry.  I'm working on camping at my place also. And there are also plenty of close by hotels/motels.

So, what's next?  What does Appleseed need to do now?

POP

Get him to fill out and send in the host info packet to Savage Shooter and then get some dates set up. ;)
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

bigiceman

Outstanding! Good going 76respiratory pop.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. - unknown
The road to tyranny is paved with apathy - Me

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter.  Classification: Cook 

WE ARE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Wade

Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

BDG

very well done Pop! This one is especially good for me, because it would cut my drive time! Instead of driving 375 miles to Davilla (I still love you Scout!) I would only have to drive 175 miles. :) ~3.5 hours instead of 7 hours ..... wheee

Let's make it happen. That's an AS I could easily make regularly without having to take time off from work to drive to Davilla, not knowing if I will be able to make it until the week of the event.
Davilla Eleven-Oh-Eight!!