News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Spring Creek/Elko Nevada Shoot Request

Started by fepowered, January 04, 2009, 02:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fepowered

Bob Denham sent me this E-mail.....

QuoteWhat does it take to sponsor one. 

I live in Spring Creek, outside Elko Nevada, northeast corner .   I may be
interested.
Please do put me in touch with the nevada coordinator. 
There is two ranges in the area.  I will see what I can do.

bob

nvdvc@hotmail.com
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

wcmartin1

Now that's progress.

We've got 'em coming to us now.  O0
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

fepowered

I put out feelers on AR15.com this week and have gotten instant results with probable new WI shoots already.
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are

smle

Is it safe to assume you've replied to Bob?

smle
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

fepowered

Quote from: smle on January 04, 2009, 02:34:00 PM
Is it safe to assume you've replied to Bob?

smle

Yes...........   I indicated that I would forward his request on to the NV group....   I also told him that if he has not gotten a reply from someone in the next few days, to rattle my cage again.....  :)

funfaler

Ok, there is NO Nevada group, state coordinator (effectively) at this time.

smle, can you follow up on this one, follow it through and get one or both of these locations on the schedule? 

Elko is just 3 hours from Salt Lake City, UT and only 2:30 to Twin Falls, ID, so this could be a very good location, especially if they offer some camping in that location!

Good work Fe and looking forward to the post that they are on board, smle, don't hesitate to contact me with any issues or questions about the process.

Thanks

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

smle

Desertrunnv

Morning all,

Had meeting with local R/P club and it looks like it will be a go for May 16/17 for the range.  I will be getting all paper work done in next week.  I already have a couple of local people said would help.  O0

Now just waiting on hearing back from Ben on if a RO is avaible etc.

smle

Ok folks. Desertrunnv has requested some help in setting things up for the Elko, NV shoot in May. What we need is someone who knows the basic layout of the range and who can spend a little face time with him. And they should be within a reasonable distance of Elko.

At least one Appleseed under their belt would be a definite plus.

I'll be taking care of the EIF so that would not be a problem.

Any takers either post here or PM both of us so we know who stepped up to the plate.

Thank you

smle

Wade

Um witch Range NNRPA ? I know the layout there ,,as to when I will be passing that way again that is a good question, I would think within a month or so but the time of day is also unknown.
Not sure if I am of much help on this or not.

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

smle

I'm not sure which range either. But you've put together a range from scratch, no small feat in itself. What I think he's more concerned about is messing up.

For me face time is easier and questions can be answered right there.

I'm sending you a PM with some info.

Thanks Wade.

smle

Wade

Ok  Nevada

I used to live in NV  I Know ppl in NV can get it togather and make this happen , I will be passing thure Elko  in the morning (around 10:00 am) and am thinking of stoping at the Range there I a am a little easy to spot Look for a Red Mack truck pulling a flatbed trailer and a tall guy with an o.d green shooting jacket 8).

pm me
Wade
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

smle

Wade

Quote from: Wade on February 20, 2009, 05:41:31 PM
Ok  Nevada

I used to live in NV  I Know ppl in NV can get it togather and make this happen , I will be passing thure Elko  in the morning (around 10:00 am) and am thinking of stoping at the Range there I a am a little easy to spot Look for a Red Mack truck pulling a flatbed trailer and a tall guy with an o.d green shooting jacket 8).

pm me
Wade

change of plan/time I will get to Elko area ,,I will not be able to make it till the evening  :o dang it I was looking foward to some Range time  :( o well so it go's with my line of work.

Wade
WOOF!

Desertrunnv

Sent Ben the mostly completed application today.

Ben please look it over and let me know what else you might need.  I will get NNRPA to sign if ok.

Wade may be late into town tonight so might not be able to meet him.

bob

Desertrunnv

Update,

All a go for Elko  May 16th and 17th, 

I sent Ben the signed off sheet today. 

We will have the whole complex to use.  So number of shooters is not an issue. 

The pistol berm areas are also availble so lots can go on. 

We also can camp at the range.  No water but there is outhouses.

bob

smle

And the EIP was sent to SS about 30 min after getting off the the phone with Bob today. O0

Now if I got everything properly spelled, it should be made offical in about a week, maybe less.

smle

Wade

Quote from: Desertrunnv on February 28, 2009, 05:23:06 PM
Update,

All a go for Elko  May 16th and 17th, 

I sent Ben the signed off sheet today. 

We will have the whole complex to use.  So number of shooters is not an issue. 

The pistol berm areas are also availble so lots can go on. 

We also can camp at the range.  No water but there is outhouses.

bob

And a very fancy outhouse , imho this is a First rate Range .

Thank you for working on this Bob O0.

Wade
WOOF!

smle

From what Bob told me they might have another outhouse done by the time of the shoot.

Bob did a fantastic job. The first time setting one of these up mostly by yourself can be very intimidating. O0 <:)

smle

Desertrunnv

Posted 100 flyiers and hand outs today at local gun store.