News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Central Texas - Any backhoe operators out there?

Started by scuzzy, May 30, 2017, 10:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

We just might be able to get a KD range between Waco and Austin.

Needs work though. To get a good berm we can dig into the side of a hill with about a 10 to 15% grade. Make less work that way.

We figure a backhoe would work best. Now a bunch of people, including me, can stumble around with one. But it would take about 5 times longer than somebody that knows what they are doing. Working a backhoe is an artform. If you've ever tried to run one you know what I mean.

Any volunteers?

Also - anybody have a connection to get a backhole for a few days on the cheap?

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

TxRebel

I'm decent at running a excavator but never ran a backhoe before. Happy to help if y'all want or can't find someone with more experience lol. No leads on one though
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin