News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI May 27 & 28, 2017

Started by Graywolf, May 29, 2017, 12:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

We had a fantastic weekend in Lapeer, MI. this past weekend.  We had a great bunch of shooters and perfect weather.  You can't ask for anything more than that! 

Congratulations to Glenn, Danny, and Joe on scoring riflemen scores!  You guys really rocked it this weekend.  Lisa you will get there too.  Remember: focus on the front sight!  Ricardo you are making great strides and I have no doubt you will be scoring rifleman soon as well.

A huge thank you to the Lapeer County Sportsman's Club for hosting our event.  A huge thank you, also, to my instructors who turned out and made it all happen.  You are the best.

I know there was a lot of pictures taken so let's post 'em up!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

mrsurplus

As much as I would have liked to see more shooters on the line, only having five allowed me the opportunity to get some one on one time with you all. You all did a great job of absorbing the instruction and then putting it into practice.

Congratulations to Glenn, Danny, and Joseph for scoring Riflemen. You all earned it in spades, especially Danny who showed us all that Step 6A of the six steps to firing the shot, while encouraged, apparently is not necessary to scoring well. This proves that if you know your equipment and follow EVERYTHING ELSE, you can do well.

Lisa, keep working on your re-loading on your transition stages and you will pick up valuable seconds to work with. You have all the tools, you just need to smooth everything out and you will be there soon.

Ricardo, keep working on your NPOA. You have the skills, just practice and that should help.

Pictures will be posted later tonight.

It was a pleasure working with you all, and I look forward to seeing you on the line again soon.

MrSurplus
" There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism"
- Alexander Hamilton
" The key to life is how you deal with plan B" - Stephan Dias

mrsurplus

I am experiencing technical difficulties (mostly because I am technology challenged) and have been unable to post the pictures. We are working on it.

I apologize for the delay

MrSurplus
" There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism"
- Alexander Hamilton
" The key to life is how you deal with plan B" - Stephan Dias

Gadget

This is Glenn don't know if it will just show my screen name. Thanks to all for your time and instruction, even though I'm still kinda trigger slap happy. I was wondering about the known distance shoot at Lapeer. Its only 200 yards. How does that work? If you shoot 210 or higher on that course can you earn a known distance patch or will that just be the regular rifleman patch. Not sure if we would want to try Lapeer known distance first and then Lake City. Thanks for any info. 

Grindstone

Gadget,

You are correct that the Lapeer event will be either at 1/2 scale or 1/4 scale distance. Unfortunately it does not qualify for the full distance patch, but the instruction will be a little more focused on things that you will see at full distance. Actually a .22 at 100 yards is a lot like a centerfire at 400. You could also bring a centerfire if you want to practice shooting that. You will also notice it is a one day event, so some of the other topics may be a bit compressed.

The event in Lake City will be like a typical Appleseed on Saturday, then on Sunday we will try to squeeze in as many full distance AQTs as we can. For skill level, I don't think there was any requirement to have a rifleman patch, but there is not a lot of paper outside of the 4 and 5 ring to see shots that were close. It is definitely rewarding to dial for elevation and fight with the wind to see some hits on the 400 yard target, even if does not make a rifleman score.

I see the registrations are low for both of these events, so bring some friends.

Caliper

Grindstone is correct, it is "just" a "regular" Riflemans patch.  Full distance patches only come with the full 400yd.  But, having to dial for elevation is a fun change of pace, as is the chance to use centerfire!

We are very low on preregs at the moment so if you think you are interested, sign up quickly!

Graywolf

Pics from Mr. Surplus
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Graywolf

More Pics

Graywolf

Pics

Graywolf

Pics

Graywolf

Pics

Graywolf

Pics