News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC Ramseur Aug 4-6

Started by TheMenace, May 28, 2017, 07:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMenace

My wife is treating me to a trip to Ramseur for the KD/IBC as a birthday present. Anyone on the FL East Coast interested in riding up with me? I plan to camp on-site.--Dennis
Quote from: PHenry on May 28, 2017, 03:12:41 PM
... I do already have a three day IBC on books for home range - Ramseur, NC August 4, 5, 6, with KD on Friday and standard IBC Sat / Sunday. Three'oEight and I will drive up together and MinuteMom may join us if she can work it out. If you've never been to the home range - it is a pilgrimage not to be missed. This will be an "old-school" IBC in the manner of my early mentors. All nuts and bolts of instructing with emphasis on detail and precision. It interests me that I often hear "You mean there is a standard way for intro-ing the AQT?" Yes there is and I can recall former MI Dragonwood help little patience for any deviation from the standard. Same for all demos - by the numbers - no ad lib tolerated...
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

PHenry

Nice gift! She's clearly a keeper.  O0

My truck already filled sir, but looking forward to it. This'll be a three day IBC with a day of KD on Friday. After that it'll be all old-school, nuts and bolts on the finer points of instructing in the manner begun by the "napkin club", more than 11 years ago. The "home range" is a very special place. It was my dream from the very beginning to attend an RBC there. I read of them in Shotgun News maybe late 2005, but always had a list of "reasons" why I could not make it.

By the time I did, it was to instruct a RBC. My point being - never put off what you really want to do. Carpe Diem!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Guntuckian

Speaking of Shotgun News, the latest edition, now labeled as Firearm News,  has no advertising or words by Fred.  The end of an era.  I often bought copies just to keep copies of Fred's column.  This marketing method has ended.  Wonder what a small column ad costs.  Would be nice to keep this marketing method alive.

--gb
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

stoneknives

Quote from: Guntuckian on June 09, 2017, 10:43:44 AM
Speaking of Shotgun News, the latest edition, now labeled as Firearm News,  has no advertising or words by Fred.  The end of an era.  I often bought copies just to keep copies of Fred's column.  This marketing method has ended.  Wonder what a small column ad costs.  Would be nice to keep this marketing method alive.

Agreed Sir,
It was the pieces in Shotgun News that drew me to the program also. Fred's pieces, for years has been the only bit of consistent  national marketing we have had.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

PHenry

Ya know, I been a ponderin that very thing, as I too am a subscriber - mostly out of habit - a habit created by Fred's early columns. I'll ask Fred what it ran. I know too many who come into the program from that source.
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata