News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX May 20-21, 2017

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, May 19, 2017, 10:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Placeholder for College Station, TX May 20-21, 2017 AAR
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Wow - Did life cause me to get behind or what?

We had 21 awesome couch hating shooters join us at the fabulous green at College Station!

Ghostring, Doorkicker, TT92 and myself instructed on Saturday.

Weather threatened to be inclement but we persevered and made it through Saturday without getting too wet.

Wind was pretty brisk. Fortunately we only had a few target malfunctions that were wind induced.

Saturday pics:

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

It rained Saturday night/Sunday morning, but not enough to discourage 20 of our intrepid shooters from showing up for day two.

Doorkicker was not able to join us, but Tank5 graced us with his presence.  :)

Our shooter in this last picture was using his grandfather's single shot .22LR rifle - he briskly loaded and cycled the bolt during the courses of fire - very impressive!

Ladyseed Man Slave

All the shooters were showing improvement throughout the weekend.

The best part was the Riflemen!

TT92's younger daughter Sarah finally made Rifleman! We are so proud of her! Rumor has it she may be wearing an Orange hat at the next shoot!  :cool2:

A few more AQTs resulted in a 2nd Rifleman for the weekend! Look at those tiny Stage 2 groups!

Alas, the time came when it was time for us to call it a day. We trekked out through the Lechmere swamp and made our way home.

See you next time!

Ladyseed Man Slave

scuzzy

You all are rocking. I hear that you, Jim & Tim scoped out a KD range too in New Braunfels.

Any more shoots at CS this year? I just got asked about that today.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Thanks!

Yes - There will be more shoots at College Station this year.

There is even a rumor of another College Station Ladyseed this Fall. I'll have to bribe Steck and ratboy to see if they want to help with that.

I was waiting for some other conflicting dates to be worked out or posted - that is done.

Just need to meet with the usual suspects, er, instructors and hammer out the dates. That should happen pretty soon.

Ladyseed Man Slave